Sporting Oil Canvas Painting English Racing Pigeon Circa 1912
Buy Now £2800
- 1 Decorative Sporting Fine Art Early 20th Century Oil Canvas Painting Of An English Racing Pigeon Bird.
- Oil on canvas laid on board.
- Initial signed by the English artist A.F.
- Inscribed along the bottom of the painting "Mr H Pearces Gould Flown All States Rennes" 1912.
- In the style of after the famous artist Andrew Beer.
- Circa early 20th century dated 1912.
- Set in an original birds eye maple wood frame.
- Subject prize winning handsome specimen of an English racing pigeon.
- Andrew Beer became famous due his naive appeal and country house style, he was a competitive pigeon show jugde and pigeon enthusiast, he painted from his studio in Eastville, Bristol with his subjects often being sent by train. Beer painted his subjects at almost life size.
- Highly sought after by interior designers, art galleries, tv film advert props, home decorators & private collectors.
- Provenance purchased from a high end auction label verso.
- Ready for immediate home wall display with metal round hanging loop on the top.
- Incredible conversation piece for your guests.
- We only select & sell paintings based upon quality & significance.
- We understand your purchase is for your home or as an investment.
- We provide our clients with friendly professional expert customer service.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition.
- The frame has various chips and wear in places, the painting surface has various foxing staining, paint loss, scuffs, commensurate with usage & old age.
- International buyers worldwide shipping is available please ask for a quote.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Browse our other exciting collections available in our shop gallery happy shopping.
Dimensions in inches & centimetres of the frame approximate
14.56" High (37cm)
18.50" Wide (47cm)
0.59" Depth (1.5cm)