Cheshire Antiques Consultant
17th Century Dutch Baroque Style Marine Oil Painting Ships By Moonlight After Aert van der Neer
Regular price £2,000.00
Shipping calculated at checkout.
BUY NOW £2000
- 1 Large Dutch Baroque Marine Oil Painting Sailing Ships By Moonlight After Aert van der Neer.
- Oil on canvas marine landscape in the style of after Aert van der Neer.
- Indistinctly signed by an unknown artist influenced by the style of van der Neer.
- Subject view of 17th century Dutch harbour port sailing ships scene by moonlight.
- Circa late 20th century 1970's.
- Beautiful controlled brushwork.
- Set in a large gilt wood frame.
- With hanging thread on the back ready for immediate home display.
- A most pleasing calming scene to the eye.
- A superb collectors item.
- Aert van der Neer Was born in 1603 and died 9 November 1677, A master artist at representing light.
- Aert van der Neer painted moonlit seascape views, that embody the principles of Dutch painting in the 1600s.
- Those principles included isolated figures on meandering paths that cut through a wooded forest, and cloud-filled skies.
- Van der Neer used a restricted palette of earthy colors and, like most artists during this period, painted indoors.
- Although he did not receive much attention in his own time, modern scholars praise his ability to create a sense of space and atmosphere.
- We buy and sell our paintings based on quality & significance.
- Unwrapped weight under 5kg approximate.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition.
- Having various noticeable wear scuffs also foxing staining to the canvas surface in places also various scuffs & chips to the frame commensurate with usage & age.
- International worldwide shipping is available please ask.
- The painting will be well wrapped with protective MDF sheets, bubblewrap & cardboard.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Cash upon collection is welcome.
Dimensions in inches & centimetres of frame approximate
27.95" High (71cm)
51.18 Wide (130cm)