Large Mid 19th Century Oil Painting Portrait Of A Lady
- 1 Fine Art Large English School Early Victorian Original Mid 19th Century Oil Painting Portrait Of A Lady Seated.
- Subject portrait half length front view of a beautiful lady with blue eyes sitting in a black Victorian dress with a white lace collar.
- The lady looking towards the viewer with rosy cheek complexion with brown hair wearing lace in her hair holding her hands together. She is wearing ruby and diamond rings. A lady of wealth & importance.
- Such master fine brushstroke control.
- Unsigned, English school artist.
- So finely painted oil on canvas.
- Set in a later gilt frame.
- Provenance label verso.
- Hanging thread on the back ready for home display.
- Circa mid 19th century.
- We select & sell our paintings based solely upon subject, quality & significance.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition.
- The canvas has been relined. There are mount marks along the upper edge. Sticker residue bottom left. Some surface scratches to the left of the sitter and a small scratch on her chin. Some bloom in the right of the painting. Frame which has has a little it of damage on the right hand side and a loss to the bottom left corner commensurate with usage & age.
- We offer our clients exceptional professional customer service.
- International buyers worldwide shipping is available please ask for a quote.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Browse our other exciting collections available in our shop gallery.
Dimensions in centimetres of the frame approximate