Contemporary Bronze Model Of Aquatic Flightless Penguin Sculpture
- 1 Fabulous Contemporary Bronze Model Of Aquatic Flightless Standing Penguin Sculpture.
- Subject an aquatic Antartica Penguin.
- Nice relative small size standing 28.3cm high.
- Visual beauty such fine craftsmanship, you can feel the flowing movement from texture of this model design.
- Monogram signed lower down and numbered 3 of 6.
- So cute and collectible highly sought after by collectors.
- Very finely modelled and beautifully cast.
- Penguins (order Sphenisciformes /sfɪˈnɪsɪfɔːrmiːz/, family Spheniscidae /sfɪˈnɪsɪdiː/) are a group of aquatic flightless birds. They live almost exclusively in the Southern Hemisphere: only one species, the Galápagos penguin, is found north of the Equator. Highly adapted for life in the water, penguins have countershaded dark and white plumage and flippers for swimming. Most penguins feed on krill, fish, squid and other forms of sea life which they catch with their bills and swallow it whole while swimming. A penguin has a spiny tongue and powerful jaws to grip slippery prey.
- They spend roughly half of their lives on land and the other half in the sea. The largest living species is the Emperor penguin (Aptenodytes forsteri): on average, adults are about 1.1 m (3 ft 7 in) tall and weigh 35 kg (77 lb). The smallest penguin species is the little blue penguin (Eudyptula minor), also known as the fairy penguin, which stands around 33 cm (13 in) tall and weighs 1 kg (2.2 lb).
- Made from cast bronze.
- Circa 21st century.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used patina wear condition.
- We offer our clients exceptional professional customer service.
- We only sell collectibles based upon subject, quality & significance.
- International worldwide shipping is available please ask for a quote.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Browse our other exciting Fine Art, antiques & collectibles available in our shop gallery.
Dimensions in centimetres
Width wing to wing 13 cm
Width widest point of feet flipper to flipper 16.2cm
Depth 11 cm