Cheshire Antiques Consultant
Pastel Drawing Painting Pet Portrait Beagle Hunting Dog After Christine Merrill
Regular price £250.00
Shipping calculated at checkout.
BUY NOW £250 UK MAINLAND DELIVERY
- 1 Fine Vintage Art Pastel Drawing Painting Beautiful Animal Beagle Scent Hunting Dog After Christine Merrill Framed.
- In the style of after Christine Merrill.
- Finely hand drawn painted with coloured pastels on colourmount 878 sheet paper.
- Highly talented artist as its so realistic fabulous quality.
- Ideal present for a dog lover.
- Hanging thread on the back ready for home display.
- With protective glass front cover and set in a nice wooden frame.
- The beagle is a breed of small hound that is similar in appearance to the much larger foxhound.
- The beagle is a scent hound, developed primarily for hunting hare (beagling).
- With a great sense of smell and superior tracking instinct.
- These breeds are hunting dogs and are generally regarded as having some of the most sensitive noses among canines.
- Employed as detection dog for prohibited agricultural imports and foodstuffs in quarantine around the world.
- The beagle is intelligent but single-minded.
- It is a popular pet due to its size, good temper, and lack of inherited health problems.
- The modern breed was developed in Great Britain around the 1830s from several breeds, including the Talbot Hound, the North Country Beagle, the Southern Hound, and possibly the Harrier.
- Circa late 20th century.
- Unsigned artist unknown.
- Offfered in fine used condition, having some noticeable scuffs scratches,stains to the frame & glass and also some pastel smear stains on the sheet paper in places.
- International worldwide shipping is available please ask for a quote.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Cash upon collection is welcome.
Dimensions in inches & centimetres of the frame approx
23" High (58cm)
26.5" Wide (67cm)