Fine Oil Painting Cats Sitting "Watching The World Go By" Signed David C Lyons
Buy Now £1000 Free UK Mainland Delivery
- 1 Large Fine Contemporary Art Oil Painting Cats Sitting On A Window Ledge "Watching The World Go By" Signed David C Lyons.
- Oil on board.
- Subject domestic animal portrait scene of 2 beautiful cats sitting on a window ledge.
- Signed by the famous British Contemporary artist David C Lyons.
- David C. Lyons is a northern English artist who specialises is wildlife and domestic animal portraiture together with rural scenes.
- Lyons was born in Lancashire and has lived in and around the Pendle area all of his life. He began his career as a teacher. He later worked as a commercial artist, eventually becoming a free-lance graphic designer.
- Since turning to fine art, he has continued to live in the countryside which inspires his paintings today.
His work is without doubt dependant upon realism, but that is achieved through an almost abstract treatment of the picture’s surface.
- He often builds up a multicoloured, highly textured background support for his paintings by a series of cross hatched strokes and ‘scumbling’. The end result is a true representation of the subject with a satisfyingly textured, painted surface.
- His paintings of farm animals,tractors, pets and even exotic animals are great favourites with his collectors. However, he continues to prove that he is more than able to approach any subject.
- His work and the details of his painting technique have frequently been featured in the ‘Artist’ and ‘Internatinal Artist’ magazines.
Brief CV SELECTED EXHIBITIONS London Society for All Artists (Professional Artist of the Year and Best Landscape of the Year 2004) Liverpool National Exhibition of Wildlife Art Nottingham "Patchings" (A national exhibition organised by “The Artist” magazine) (Main Prize Winner in 2002/03/04/05/07/08/09/10/11 and “People’s Choice” Winner in 2003/06/09) Manchester Manchester Academy of Fine Art (MAFA) Open exhibition Stockport Open exhibition (People’s Choice Winner in 2004) Liverpool/Wirral Open exhibition (Winner of the First National Open in 2002) PUBLICATIONS. A solo show ‘The Art of David C Lyons’ was held at the East of England Show 2008.
- Reference sources Pendleartists, davidclyons, barley-pendle-cylex.
- Such a delightful scene to the eye.
- Provenance bought from a fine art auction sale in Lichfield, label verso.
- Highly sought after by collectors, art galleries & tv film studio prop shops due to the collectible nature of the hunt subject matter.
- Ready for home display.
- Incredible conversation piece for your guests.
- We only select & sell paintings based upon quality & significance.
- We understand your purchase is for your home or as an investment.
- We provide our clients with friendly professional expert customer service.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition.
- Having some minor wear, scuffs, scratches to the frame in places commensurate with usage & age, the painting canvas su rface in fine condition.
- International buyers worldwide shipping is available via the ebay global shipping programme centre.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Checkout our exciting other available listings in our shop gallery, happy shopping.
Dimensions in inches & centimetres of the frame approximate
High 30.31" (77cm)
Wide 38.18" (97cm)
Depth 1" (2.5cm)