Cheshire Antiques Consultant
Victorian Style Fine Oil Painting Famous Historic Red Rum Race Horse Portrait After Brian Tovey
Regular price £1,200.00
Shipping calculated at checkout.
BUY NOW £1200 UK MAINLAND DELIVERY
- 1 Victorian Style Original Oil Painting Famous Red Rum Thoroughbred Race Horse Portrait Gilt Framed.
- Subject fine portrait of the historic Red Rum horse.
- Red Rum bay gelding was born 3 May 1965 and died 18 October 1995.
- He was an historic world famous champion Thoroughbred steeplechaser.
- He achieved an unmatched historic treble when he won the Grand National in 1973, 1974 and 1977.
- The Grand National is a notoriously difficult race that has been described as "the ultimate test of a horse’s courage".
- He was also renowned for his jumping ability, having not fallen in 100 races.
- Indistinctly signed.
- In the style of after Brian Tovey.
- Oil on board.
- Provenance bought from a private seller.
- This is a fine painting from a talented British school artist.
- Superb brushstroke control which brings the horse to life.
- Set in a decorative gilt plaster wood frame.
- With hanging thread on the back ready for immediate home display.
- Highly desirable for a horse lover, collector, jockey or stable trainer.
- Circa late 20th century dated 1975.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition.
- Having various foxing staining to the board in places commensurate with age.
- Some repairs have been made to the frame, with a very small piece of wood frame trim missing from the inner frame, also 2 small pin prick holes to the board, noticeable cracking in places to the frame shown.
- International worldwide shipping is available please ask for a quote.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Cash upon collection is welcome.
Dimensions in inches & centimetres of the frame approximate
26.75" High (68cm)
30.5" Wide (77cm)