Cheshire Antiques Consultant
Pair Mid Century G Plan Small Corner Open Bookcases
Regular price £750.00
Shipping calculated at checkout.
- Pair Stylish Vintage Mid 20th Century G Plan Pyramid Small Bedside Corner Open Bookcases.
- They have 3 fixed shelves in each.
- Such an iconic brand.
- Interior designers & home decorators interest.
- They are an attractive small size perfect if your limited on space in your home.
- Superb to display in your living room or in your bedroom area.
- So in vogue to suit any home interior design theme.
- A feature we particular love is that they have such an unusual 3 sided pyramid shape.
- Highly sought after.
- Made from teak wood.
- They weigh around 6kg each, total combined unwrapped weight 12kg approximate.
- Hand crafted in England.
- Circa mid 20th century 1950's.
- Having indistinct black & green circle makers stamp marking underneath.
- Please note that the horse props as seen are not included.
- G Plan is a British furniture brand.
- It began as a pioneering range of furniture in the United Kingdom produced by E Gomme Ltd of High Wycombe.
- The success of G Plan led to E Gomme becoming one of the UK's largest furniture manufacturers, with profits increasing sixfold between 1952 and 1958 when it was floated as an IPO.
- Since 2005, G Plan has been a subsidiary of Sofa Brands International.
- The company was founded in High Wycombe in 1898 by Ebeneezer Gomme, at first making hand-made chairs, and building a factory at Leigh Street in 1909.
- By 1922 there were 300 employees, and a second factory was opened in 1927 at Spring Gardens, next to the railway line.
- From 1943, during World War II, furniture sales were controlled by rationing; the Board of Trade set up the Utility scheme which limited the types of furniture on sale and their cost, and a small number of simple designs were available in oak or mahogany.
- The ending of this scheme in December 1952, combined with the 1951 Festival of Britain, led to a pent-up demand for more modern furniture.
- The inner fixed shelves have different heights and depths, as they get smaller narrower on each tier.
- Ideal for storing and displaying your smaller sized books & ornaments.
- Condition report.
- Offered in overall fine used condition.
- Having various noticeable wear, scratches, water stains, minor chips in places commensurate with usage & age.
- We offer our clients exceptionally professionally customer service.
- International worldwide shipping is available please ask for a quote.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Cash upon collection is welcome.
- Checkout our exciting other Fine Art, antiques & collectibles listings available in our gallery.
Dimensions in inches & centimetres each approximate
33.46" High (85cm)
18.8" Outer width (47.5cm)
13.38" Outer depth (34cm)
16.33" Inside width widest point of bottom shelf (41.5cm)
8.07" Inside depth of bottom shelf at deepest point (20.5cm)
11.81" Inside height bottom shelf (30cm)
9.05" Inside height of middle shelf (23cm)
6.69" Inside middle shelf depth at deepest point (17cm)
5.11" Inside top shelf height (13cm)
5.90" Inside top shelf depth at deepest point (15cm)