French 18th Century Portrait Painting Court Lady In Pink Silk Dress Holding Style Of François-Hubert Drouais
Buy Now £8500
- 1 Beautiful Charming French 18th Century Art Oil Painting Portrait Court Lady In Pink Silk Dress Holding A Rose.
- Oil on canvas.
- Subject beautiful elegant French court aristocratic lady in a Versailles fashionable pink silk dress, holding a beautiful cerise pink rose, wearing a blue shawl & wig head piece with lace bonnet.
- Front profile half length portrait is nicely presented in an original decorative gilt frame. She is looking direct towards the artist, who has captured the moment perfectly.
- A further feature that stands out is that she is wearing a fabulous diamond jewelled bracelet on her wrist. Her dress and jewellery indicates her importance wealth & standing in high society.
- Indistinctly monogrammed signed by the artist AD.
- French old master artist, a very fine example by a most competent hand.
- In the similar style of works by François-Hubert Drouais 1727 - 1775. Drouais was the successor to Nattier as the chief portrait painter at the court of Louis XV. He portrayed most of the leading figures of his age, including the king and his two most famous mistresses, Madame de Pompadour and Madame du Barry, as well as artists and leading members of the professional classes.
- Drouais was born in Paris, the son of the painter Hubert Drouais (1699 - 1767), who was famous for his miniature portraits. Drouais was trained by his father and by other well-known painters, including Carle van Loo, Natoire and Boucher. He became a member of the Academy in 1758, and exhibited regularly at the Salon from 1755 to the year of his death.
- Drouais was celebrated for his likenesses of aristocrats dressed in rustic costume, a current fashion, and for his representations of children, often in landscape settings.Circa 18th century.
- Provenance bought from a fine art auction sale label verso.
- Highly sought after by CEO's, interior designers, museums, art gallerys, antique dealers, famous & private collectors, film tv studio prop shops.
- Ready for immediate home wall display with hanging thread verso.
- Incredible conversation piece for your guests.
- We only select & sell paintings based upon quality & significance.
- We understand your purchase is for your home or as an investment.
- We provide our clients with friendly professional expert customer service.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine old used condition.
- The front painting surface is in good overall order.
- The canvas has been relined and a patch repair has been made to the canvas back where a tear on the front has been, also having some paint touch ups also minor paint loss in areas also with noticeable wear, craquelure as expected with old age. The frame having some chips in places, repairs, scuffs, scratches & historic woodworm in places commensurate with usage.
- International buyers worldwide shipping is available please ask for a quote.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Browse our other exciting collections available in our shop gallery happy shopping.
Dimensions in centimetres of the frame approximate