19th Century Oval Pastel French Neapolitan Nubile Woman Feeding Goat Flowers Atrributed Fantin Latour Theodore
- 1 Large Genre Pastel Painting Artwork 19th Century Oval French Neapolitan Young Nubile Lady Feeding Goat Flowers.
- Attributed to the known famous French artist Fantin Latour Theodore born in 1805.
- Pastel on paper backed with canvas.
- Title "Woman Feeding Flowers To A Goat".
- Front profile view of the attractive nubile young woman who is dressed in a blue & white traditional country dress wearing a vibrant textured red headscarf, wearing an earring, she is gazing down looking at the goat tenderly whilst gracefully holding flowers & gently feeding them to the eager goat, with a heavenly beautful blue & white sky in the background.
- The pastel colours are strong & bold.
- Unsigned, the brushstrokes are consistent with the artist hand as seeen with his other listed works.
- Set in original decorative 19th century gilt gesso oval frame with protective glass front cover.
- A great example of his work.
- FANTIN LATOUR Theodore (1805 - 1872).
- His works fetch up to $286,000 USD record price on 2018 which was for a still life "Narcisses Simples Et Doubles Dans Un Verre Long" sold at Freemans auction in 2018.
- FANTIN LATOUR Theodore was a French pastellist painter Born in Metz in 1805. Died in Paris. He is the father of the painter Henri Fantin-Latour. Endowed for drawing and painting, Theodore Fantin-Latour studies in the workshop of the painter of History Benjamin Rolland (1777-1855) at the Art School of Grenoble.
- Under the influence of his teacher (himself a student of Jacques-Louis David), disciple of neoclassicism, Fantin Latour became master of drawing and forms rendering. In 1834, he gets married with the daughter of the countess Zoloff, Hélène de Naidenoff, with whom he has three children, including future painter Henri Fantin-Latour born in 1836.
- Recognizing the talent of his young son, he will be his first drawing teacher by 1846. Théodore Fantin-Latour exhibited regularly at the Salon between 1842 and 1866 Bibliography: • Druick, Douglas and Michael Hoog, Fantin-Latour, exhibition catalog, National Gallery of Canada, Ottawa, 1983. • E.Benezit, Dictionary of the painter & sculptors, Ed Grund.
- Reference sources 1stdibs, Christies Artnet.
- Circa mid 19th century 1850's approximate.
- Provenance bought from a fine art auction label verso.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition.
- Artwork surface in mainly good original condition having only some scattered dirt stain marks in places and some small tears near the edges which have been repaired.
- The frame has various signs of old repairs, paint touch ups, cracking,scuffs chip losses in places commensurate with usage & old age.
- A superb investment.
- With hanging thread on the back ready for immediate home wall display.
- We only select & sell paintings based on quality & significance.
- We offer exceptional professional customer service.
- International worldwide shipping is available please ask for a quote.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Cash upon collection is welcome.
- Browse our exciting intriguing other collections available in our shop gallery, happy shopping.
Dimensions in inches & centimetres of the frame approximate
37.37" High (96cm)
31.49" Wide (80cm)
2.75" Depth (7cm)