Conversation Piece 19th Century Tapestry French Royal Court "Playing Chess"
- 1 Large Interesting 19th Century Artwork Embroidered Tapestry French Royal Court "Playing Chess"
- A great conversation piece you will treasure.
- Subject 17th century scene of a French Royal court the focal point are the 2 seated Gentleman playing Chess around a lavish red fabric draped over a table. What draws your attention is the nonchalent manner of the Ostentatious most important person in the scene is his Majestry wearing a red and white decorative waistcoat & Cavalier hat with Ostrich feathers, with a light green cushion supporting his feet.
- On either side of the Chess players are courtiers, the adviser on the right dressed in a military blue cloak wearing fashionable jackboots with spurs, his posture is bowing in a dignified courtesy to his Majestry whilst in conversation with him offering advice on his next move.
- Over to the left side a courtier who is holding his hat is paused in thought, standing by the seated Noble gentleman dressed in blue who's hand is hovering over the Chess board about to make his next significant move.
- This is the finest embroidery we have ever come across a museum, private collectors, interior designers, TV Film, history documentary, theatre studio interest, such fine craftsmanship.
- So in vogue to suit either a contemporary or tradition home interior design theme.
- A further feature that stands out is the magnificent gilt gesso frame which is so ornate having such intricate beautiful detail, with garlands of acanthus leaf flourishes along each corner.
- Handmade from wool set on board with protective glass front cover.
- Circa 19th century.
- With hanging thread on the back ready for immediate home wall display.
- Provenance bought from a high end auction in the south of England label verso.
- We only select based upon quality & significance.
- We understand your purchase is for your home or as an investment.
- We provide our clients with friendly professional customer service.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition.
- The embroidered surface is in excellent order, the frame does have various general wear, stains, scratches, scuffs & some small chips in places commensurate with usage & age.
- International worldwide shipping is available.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Cash upon collection is welcome.
- Browse our other exciting collections available in our shop gallery happy shopping.
Dimensions in inches & centimetres of frame approximate
38.97" High (99cm)
28.34" Wide (72cm)
2.55" Thickness depth at deepest point of frame (6.5cm)