Large Enamel London Sign Westbourne Park Building Society Westbourne Grove W2
- 1 Large Vintage Original Enamel London Sign Westbourne Park Building Society Westbourne Grove W2 Est 1885.
- Made from enamel on metal.
- You will really love this sign.
- In yellow with blue lettering with white pictorial of the Westbourne Park Building Society image. Flanked on either sid with shield crests saying Invest with security interest tax free, also liberal advances towards house purchase. At the bottom with the message apply for prospects to the secretary George E Jeffries FISA.
- In 1965 Leek merged with the Westbourne Park Building Society. Based in the Paddington area of London the Westbourne had been founded in 1885 by members of the Westbourne Park Baptist Church. With assets of £53m it was the 17th largest in the industry and it propelled the Leek up to number six. In the spirit of the merger, the Moorlands name went and the Society became the Leek & Westbourne.Westbourne Park building society, founded in 1885, moved to Porchester Road in 1889 and Westbourne Terrace in 1899. Adjoining buildings were acquired and in 1932 opened as new offices called Westbourne House. The society merged with the Leek & Moorlands building society to form the Leek & Westbourne in 1965, opened new premises in Queensway in 1972, and later became part of the Britannia building society.
- Westbourne Grove is a retail road running across Notting Hill, an area of west London. Its western end is in the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea and its eastern end is in the City of Westminster; it runs from Kensington Park Road in the west to Queensway in the east, crossing over Portobello Road. It contains a mixture of independent and chain retailers, and has been termed both "fashionable" and "up-and-coming". The Notting Hill Carnival passes along the central part of Westbourne Grove.
- So collectible highly sought after by London sign collectors.
- Provenance label verso.
- Superb for a TV Film studio, theatre, stage, advert props shop.
- For use display indoors or outdoors.
- Circa mid 20th century.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine old charming used well worn condition.
- Having various noticeable wear, scratches, scuffs, stains, warping, holes, enamel losses, commensurate with usage & old age.
- International worldwide shipping is available please ask for a quote.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Cash upon collection is welcome.
- Checkout our other exciting listings available in our shop gallery.
Dimensions in centimetres are approximate
Depth thickness (0.2cm)