Cheshire Antiques Consultant
Large English Regency Sheraton Style Inlaid Mahogany Open Front Recessed Breakfront Bookcase
Regular price £1,340.00
Shipping calculated at checkout.
BUY NOW £1340
- 1 Sumptuous Beautiful Extra Large Tall English Regency Sheraton Style Inlaid Mahogany Open Front Lawyers Accountant Office Library Recessed Breakfront Bookcase.
- Having recessed sided such an attractive feature.
- Tall being 7ft high and 5 ft 10 inches wide.
- Intricate inlay work to the top includes classic inlaid exotic wood Sheraton motifs, garlands & sashes.
- The recessed breakfront really gives a fabulous regal style look. Having adjustable shelves so you can install different sized books, decorative ornaments vases for example.
- This is a classic impressive functional piece.
- Ideal for your home study, business offices, libraries.
- There are 46 slot groves that run down along inside the front either side of each front section.
- There are 18 display shelves in total, of which 15 of there heights can be adjusted.
- The bottom 3 are fixed and do not adjust.
- To install the 15 shelves 30 wooden side batons are included that fit in the inner groves, 10 batons for each of the 3 front sections.
- It come apart into 5 sections for ease of transport as the sections slot in place together.
- First you lay the base section flat on the floor in the position you want it, then slot the narrower central tall sections into the flat base on either end, then you place the larger central section in the centre and finally the top section slots on top into the 3 middle sections.
- The 15 shelves easily slot into place inside the 3 central sections. Sheraton is a late 18th-century neoclassical English furniture style, in vogue ca 1785 - 1820, that was coined by 19th century collectors and dealers to credit furniture designer Thomas Sheraton, born in Stockton-on-Tees, England in 1751.
- The Sheraton style was inspired by the Louis XVI style and features round tapered legs, fluting and most notably contrasting veneer inlays.
- Sheraton style furniture takes lightweight rectilinear forms, using satinwood, mahogany and tulipwood, sycamore for inlaid decorations.
- Circa late 20th 1970's century.
- Made from finest mahogany veneers, mdf & chipboard.
- Please measure your door frame width and height and advise us to make sure this will fit through as any return journey cost will be very expensive for you.
- Please note that it takes 2 people to assemble this bookcase, let us know if there is suitable access as our courier would be on his own and he will need help carrying, delivery is only to a ground floor location.
- The bookcase does come apart into 5 sections, the top, the base and 3 central sections.
- Also all of the ornaments, books props as seen in picture 1 are not included, please allow us up to a week for UK Mainland delivery only as its large item.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine charming used condition.
- Ideal if you love the well used worn look.
- In places having various noticeable wear scuffs, scratches, paint stains, minor veneer chips also some small holes have been drilled to accommodate wiring commensurate with usage & age.
- International worldwide shipping is available please ask for a quote.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- You can arrange for your own courier or collect in person cash on collection.
- Checkout our exciting other shop listings available, happy shopping.
Dimensions in inches & centimetres approximate
84" High (213cm)
70" Wide (178cm)
13.5 Length depth for outer deepest bottom central section (34cm)
Interior depth of shelves in central section 27cm
Depth of shelves in the side recessed sections 22cm