Large Oil Painting Piccadilly Circus At Night London Signed Ben Maile
This 1 large oil painting is the perfect way to add a bit of adventure to your home! Crafted by the renowned artist Ben Maile, this Piccadilly Circus at night London piece will certainly have your guests looking twice! Bring a piece of London to your own walls with this exciting work of art!
- Subject impressionist style view of the the historic landmark Piccadilly Circus is one of London's most popular tourist destinations. In the foreground with various figures around the famous statue of Eros a popular meeting point. With street lights illuminated and red london buses along with buildings in the backrgound. It has a great sense of atmosphere, intrique and mystery as its night time,
- From this location, you can easily walk to Piccadilly, Leicester Square, Shaftesbury Avenue or Regent.
- Signed the known artist British Ben Maile.
- So collectible and sought after work of art.
- Ben Maile is a 20th-century British painter best known for his realistic depictions, characterized by an atmospheric sense of light, Maile’s paintings incorporates both heavy lines and misty areas of tonal color to produce an effect of realism suspended in a dream-like state. Born in 1922 in United Kingdom, Maile’s works are in the collections of the Mary Rose Museum in Portsmouth, the Cheshire Military Museum in Chester, and the British Postal Museum and Archive in London, among others. The artist lives and works in Ireland.
- Ben Maile had his first London Exhibition at Upper Grosvenor Gallery in 1959. He has for many years been one of the top selling artists in the UK and painted in a very personal and distinctive impressionist style. His work is collected around the world and features in the collections of the Royal family, Prime Ministers, a US President and a Sultan.
- His family moved to London in 1936 when Ben was fourteen. He joined the RAF, becoming a wireless operator in Bomber Command. He moved to Newquay shortly after 1945 and, self-taught, began painting and exhibiting throughout the West Country. Over time his reputation grew and by 1989 he had an agent in the USA. Ben Maile died in Cornwall in 2017 at the age of 94.
- Oil on board.
- Set in a rather ornate gilt frame.
- Hanging thread on the back ready for home display.
- Circa late 20th century 1970's.
- Provenance bought from a fine auction collectibles sale label verso.
- We select & sell our paintings based solely upon quality, subject & significance.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition.
- The painting surface is in good order, the frame has general wear, scuffs, minor chip losses commensurate with usage & age.
- We offer our clients exceptional professional customer service.
- International buyers worldwide shipping is available please ask for a quote.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Browse our other exciting Fine Art, antiques & collectibles available in our shop gallery.
Dimensions in centimetres of the frame approximate