Large Victorian Hunting Red Coats & Hounds Oil Painting By Philip H Rideout
- 1 Fine Impressive Victorian British Large Sporting Hunting Scene Work Of Art Antique Oil Painting Signed Philip H Rideout.
- Title "Huntsman & The Field"
- Impressive size being 102cm width of frame and 76cm high.
- Subject beautiful British sporting hunting scene in side profile of a hunting scene of 9 huntsman gentleman wearing traditional uniform dress with red coats and black riding hats and white trousers huntsman riders on horses also 1 lady on horseback near the centre she is dressed in black with pack of dog scent hounds gathered to the right with views of open green countryside field with a mainly overcast sky with some blue coming through in patches.
- Philip H. Rideout was a British painter born in 1850 he died in 1920. Philip H. Rideout's work has been offered at auction multiple times, with realized prices ranging depending on the size and medium of the artwork. Since 1998 the record price for this artist at auction is 2,400 USD for works: Coach and Four with Passengers Passing an Open Field; Coach and Four in an Inn's Yard, sold at Leland Little Auction & Estate Sales in 2011. Ref sources Christies, Bonhams & Mutualart
- Oil on canvas with a protective glass front cover.
- Signed lower left corner by the known British artist Philip H Rideout & dated 1895.
- An exceptional fine example of his work.
- Set in a traditional original stylish gilt frame.
- Circa late 19th century Victorian era.
- Provenance label verso.
- Such a delightful scene to the eye.
- Highly sought after due to the collectible sporting nature of subject matter such elaborate detail.
- With hanging thread on the back ready for immediate home wall display.
- Incredible conversation piece for your guests.
- We only select & sell paintings based upon subject, quality & significance.
- We understand your purchase is for your home or as an investment.
- We provide our clients with friendly professional customer service.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition.
- Front painting surface in good overall order. Having various foxing staining, craquelure, paint loss particularly to the sky area. Frame having general wear, scuffs, minor chips also an old cobweb inside glass cover top left corner commensurate with usage & old age age.
- International buyers worldwide shipping is available please ask for a quote.
- Checkout our exciting other available Fine Art, antiques & collectibles in our shop gallery,
Dimensions in centimetres of the frame approximate
Depth thickness of frame (9cm)