Cheshire Antiques Consultant
British Mappin & Webb Silver Antique Double Carriage Cognac Crystal Decanters
Regular price £1,295.00
Shipping calculated at checkout.
BUY NOW £1295
- 1 Rare British Original Exceptional Mappin & Webb Repousse Silver Antique Double Carriage Cognac Drinks Crystal Tantalus Decanters.
- In the Georgian style.
- Very unusual superb quality.
- Which features 2 joined carriages with pull handle that each hold 1 crystal decanter with stopper.
- Mappin & Webb is a true British treasure with over 240 years of tradition and historical significance in the world of silver and fine jewellery. Renowned for combining timeless craftsmanship with superior quality and contemporary design, we have produced exquisite fine jewellery, elegant silverware, watches, glassware and the unique lifestyle accessories that have long been at the heart of affluent British society.
- It’s a story that began in 1775, when Jonathan Mappin opened a workshop in Sheffield. His mission was to create the most beautifully crafted silverware for British society.
- Over the immediate years that followed this would see the company expand internationally, receive Royal Warrants and commissions from Monarchs around the world, and become synonymous with excellence, craftsmanship and all things truly British.
Superb Christmas present.
- The carriages have oak lined bases with fine round carriage wheels adorned with a central sunflower decoration.
- You can pull the carriages via the ornate pull handle, the wheels move around.
- Acanthus detail around the edges, the repousse detail is amazing highest quality.
- Made from silver plate & finest crystal, heavy quality unwrapped weight under 3kg.
- Silversmith workmanship at its very best.
- Having the Mappin & Webb Ltd engraved hallmark underneath.
- Circa beginning of the 20th century 1900's.
- Having beautiful natural aged patina.
- A grandeur Christmas present.
- Fabulous classy statement piece for a home bar, hotel, pub, restaurant or b&b.
- Condition report offered in fine old used condition.
- Having noticeable wear, scratches in places, 1 chip on 1 stopper commensurate with usage & age.
- International worldwide shipping is available.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Cash upon collection is welcome.
Dimensions in centimetres
Height with decanters (28cm)