Cheshire Antiques Consultant
Marine Oil Painting Sailing Racing Boats Thames By Windsor After Sydney Thompson
Regular price £650.00
Shipping calculated at checkout.
BUY NOW £650 FREE UK MAINLAND DELIVERY
- 1 Fine Art Marine Impressionist Oil Painting Sailing Racing Yacht Boats On The Thames River By Windsor After Sydney Thompson.
- In the style of similar after Sydney Thompson.
- Unsigned by an unknown artist.
- Subject Marine coastal racing sailing boat yachts near the shore on the River Thames Near Windsor.
- Sydney Lough Thompson studied at the studio of the Dutch painter Paulus Van der Velden at the School of Fine Art in Christchurch, New Zealand.
- He also studied at Heatherly School of Art, London in 1900 and the Académie Julian, Paris in 1901.
- He appeared at the Salon des Artistes Français, Paris, where he won a distinction in 1922.
- He also exhibited in New Zealand and Australia.
- He was made an OBE in 1937.
- Beautifully controlled brush work.
- Very relaxing and pleasing scene to the eye.
- Oil on board.
- Set in a fine giltwood gesso frame.
- We only sell fine oil paintings based on their quality & significance.
- A beautiful collectors item, great gift this Christmas.
- With hanging thread on the back ready for immediate home display.
- Circa mid 20th century 1960's.
- Provenance bought from a private seller in Windsor, Berkshire.
- Condition report offered in fine used condition.
- Having some noticeable scuffs scratches to the board surface in places which you can see in picture 4.
- Some noticeable wear, scuffs, chips to the frame front also various foxing on the back commensurate with usage & age.
- International worldwide shipping is available.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Cash upon collection is welcome.
Dimensions in inches & centimetres of the frame approximate
12.20" High (31cm)
14.17 Wide (36cm)