Marine Seascape Oil Painting Ships Passing Statue of Liberty USA
- 1 Fine Marine Seascape Art Oil Painting Ships Passing New York Liberty Island & Statue Of Liberty.
- Subject marine and shoreline view of a passenger ferry ship with a tug boat steaming along side by side relative choppy seas and about to go past the well known historic landmark of Liberty Island and abobe the imposing statue of liberty., in the distance a cargo ship travelling in the opposite direction, to the far right is another tug boat with blue sky above with some white cloud cover
- Title "Liberty Island"
- Liberty Island is a federally owned island in Upper New York Bay in the United States. Its most notable feature is the Statue of Liberty (Liberty Enlightening the World), a large statue by Frédéric Auguste Bartholdi that was dedicated in 1886. The island also contains the Statue of Liberty Museum, which opened in 2019 and exhibits the statue's original torch.
- Long known as Bedloe's Island, it was renamed by an act of the United States Congress in 1956. Part of the State of New York, the island is an exclave of the New York City borough of Manhattan, surrounded by the waters of Jersey City, New Jersey.
- Liberty Island became part of the Statue of Liberty National Monument in 1937 through Presidential Proclamation 2250, signed by President Franklin D. Roosevelt. In 1966, it was listed on the National Register of Historic Places as part of Statue of Liberty National Monument, Ellis Island and Liberty Island.
- Set in a traditional gilt frame.
- Oil on board.
- Circa mid 20th century dated 1966.
- Signed by the artist S J Jamieson.
- Origin from the USA.
- A sought after collectible decorative nautical marine artwork scene.
- Such a delightful scene to the eye a great conversation piece.
- Highly sought after due to the collectible nature of subject marine matter such elaborate detail.
- With hanging thread attached on the back ready for immediate home wall display.
- Incredible conversation piece for your guests.
- We only select & sell paintings based upon subject quality & significance.
- We provide our clients with friendly professional customer service.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition.
- Front painting surface in good overall order having some paint loss, having various craquelure & foxing staining. The frame has has general wear, small chips, scuffs, commensurate with usage & age.
- International buyers worldwide shipping is available please ask for a quote.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Checkout our exciting other available collections in our shop gallery, happy shopping.
Dimensions in centimetres of the frame approximate
Depth thickness of frame (2cm)