Cheshire Antiques Consultant
R White's Soft Drinks Advertising Enamel Wall Sign
Regular price £200.00
Shipping calculated at checkout.
Introducing this 1 exquisite Mid Century Lemonade R White's Soft Drinks Advertising Enamel Wall Sign, an exclusive piece that will bring captivating vintage charm to any interior. Handcrafted to last, this wall sign exudes timeless quality with its stunning enamel finish and will be treasured for years to come.
- Depicting the famous well known R White's logo. R.
- R White's Lemonade is a British brand of a carbonated lemonade, which is produced and sold in the United Kingdom by Britvic.
- Robert and Mary White produced the first R. White's lemonade in Camberwell, south London, in 1845.
- In 1845, Robert and Mary White started selling home-brewed ginger beer from a wheel-barrow in London under Robert White's name.
- From a one cart operation, its popularity developed throughout the late 1800s, and the company became South East England’s favourite soft drinks company.
- In 1914, during the First World War, over 100 R. White's employees served in the armed Forces and the company supplied the government with over half their horses and vans.
- In the Second World War, a great part of the vehicle fleet was commandeered by the government and used by the army.
- During the Blitz three major factories were wiped out in London alone. The White Family took over H. D. Rawlings Ltd. in 1891, the year that it was incorporated, and then R. White & Sons Ltd.
- It was itself incorporated in 1894.
- The company was taken over by Whitbread in the 1960s, and was later absorbed by Britvic in 1986, when Britvic and Canada Dry Rawlings Ltd merged.
- Made from Vitreous enamel on metal.
- It brings back such happy memories of drinking R White's lemonade in childhood.
- Highly sought after by collectors.
- Superb for a TV Film studio, theatre, stage, advert props shop.
- For display indoors or outdoors.
- It has 10 drill holes ready for you to screw onto your wall.
- It is freestanding, no screws are included.
- Circa mid 20th century, 1960's.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine old charming used well worn condition.
- Having various noticeable wear, rust, scratches, scuffs, stains commensurate with usage & age.
- Also it has lost some of its enamel in places.
- International worldwide shipping is available please ask for a quote.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Checkout our other exciting intriguing Fine Art, antiques & collectibles available in our gallery.
Dimensions in inches & centimetres are approximate
25.19" High (64cm)
20.47" Width (52cm)
1" Depth thickness at thickest point (2.5cm)