Cheshire Antiques Consultant
Naive Oil Painting Donkey Southern France Landscape Signed Philip Frossard 1968
Regular price £259.00
Shipping calculated at checkout.
BUY NOW £259 UK MAINLAND DELIVERY
- 1 Naive Oil Painting Donkey Southern France Landscape Signed Philip Frossard Dated 1968.
- Oil on canvas painting.
- Subject southern France rural country landscape.
- Bridge in the background with religious cross standing on a hill, donkey alone in foreground.
- Signed by the artist Philip Frossard.
- Born in Somerset, of French origin.
- He paints with well informed facility and a somewhat naive outlook.
- It is a romantic view of nature, full of charm, he looks at everything he hates things and people the way they are.
- He paints the way he sees they should be.
- His work is a reconstitution then a transformation, for he sees no dichotomy, no schism between the aesthetic and the ordinary experience all is in context.
- It is a painting with no frills, clarity of definition is more important
- Total effect is ingratiating.
- Set in a primitive wooden frame.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition.
- Frame has various scuffs, chips, glue repairs, wear commensurate with usage & age.
- Painting board surface has noticeable craquelure stains with usage & age.
- A fine collectors wall display item.
- With hanging thread on the back ready for immediate home display.
- Circa mid 20th century dated 1968.
- We only buy & sell paintings based on quality & significance. International worldwide shipping is available please ask.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Cash upon collection is welcome.
Dimensions in inches & centimetres of the frame approximate
17.72" High (45cm)
25.59" Wide (65cm)