Decorative 19th Century Style French Gilt Bronze Eagle Sculpture
- 1 Nice decorative French 19th century style quality small cast gilt bronze eagle sculpture.
- A feature you will love is the gilt finish to the beak and top of the base area.
- Also the bronze is so beautifully well cast and and the details to the feathers is rather amazing.
- Incised on base "A. Thorburn figural animal sculpture depicting a young feathered eagle with large talons perched on a round gilt base which has reeding & fluting also mounted on an integral Neoclassical style real black marble lower base.
- Circular medallion on base & Numbered 1057 foundry mark J.B. Depossee Garanti Paris.
- It is mounted on round marble base.
- Ideal to display in a modern or traditional style theme home interior.
- Private collectors & interior designers interest.
- A superb Christmas present.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition.
- Having some noticeable wear scuffs commensurate with usage & age, very small chip the on base.
- Weight around 4kg approx.
- Circa late 20th century 1970's.
- Bought from out of a fine stately country mansion private museum collection in Shropshire.
- Pictures taken with flash photography.
- International buyers worldwide shipping is available.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send us a message.
- We provide our clients with an exceptional professional customer service.
- Checkout our other exciting listings available see our shop gallery, happy shopping.
Dimensions in inches & centimetres approximate
12.75" High (32cm)
5.25" Width (13cm)
5.75" Length (15cm)