Large Oil Painting 2 Salmon Fish Leaping Upstream After John Bucknell Russell
Buy Now £1800
- 1 Large Decorative Fine Art 20th Century Oil Painting Study Aquatic "2 Salmon Fish Leaping Upstream In River" After John Bucknell Russell.
- In the style of similar to after John Bucknell Russell.
- John Bucknell Russell was a Scottish 19th Century painter who was born in 1819. His work was featured in several exhibitions at key galleries and museums, including the NGV Australia & The Ian Potter Centre and the Institute of Contemporary Arts, London.
- Since 2000 the record price for John Bucknall Russell at auction is $27,015 USD for SALMON ON THE BANKS OF THE DEE WITH BALMORAL IN THE DISTANCE, sold at Sotheby's Edinburgh in 2005.
- Subject study of aquatic fish "2 Salmon leaping upstream in the river".
- Fishing anglers interest a fantastic Christmas gift.
- Signed by the English artist L Parkin.
- Circa mid 20th century.
- Oil on canvas.
- Set in original ornate gilt frame.
- Provenance bought from a private seller.
- Highly sought after due to the collectible nature of the aquatic matter such elaborate detail.
- With hanging thread on the back ready for immediate home display.
- Incredible conversation piece for your guests.
- We only select & sell paintings based upon quality & significance.
- We understand your purchase is for your home or as an investment.
- We provide our clients with friendly professional customer service.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition.
- Having some noticeable wear to the frame, scuffs & chips to the frame also foxing staining on the back commensurate with usage & age.
- The painting surface is in very good order condition.
- International buyers worldwide shipping is available please ask for a quote.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Checkout our exciting other available collections in our shop gallery.
Dimensions in centimetres of the frame approximate
Depth thickness of frame at thickest point (1.5cm)