Oil Painting Equine Bay Hunter Horse By Frances Mabel Hollams C1925
Put a gallop into your life with this one-of-a-kind oil painting of a Bay Hunter Horse by Frances Mabel Hollams C1925! With its vivid colors, this equine artwork is sure to liven up any wall and bring a smile to everyone's face. Saddle up and ride off with this amazing piece today!
- Subject Equine horse study portrait of a bay hunter whose name was "Recruit", facing left in full side profile wearing his saddle and reigns.
- Title "Recruit"
- Oil on panel.
- Circa early 20th century dated 1925.
- This painting is signed F.M Hollams by the well known British animal and equine artist Frances Mabel Hollams with artist biography verso..
- This is a fine realism example of her work.
- Provenance from a Fine Art auction also set in a bespoke frame label verso.
- The London firm of Bourlet has made the finest frames for nearly 200 years and remains a notable authority on restoration and craftsmanship in the art world today.
- Frances Mabel Hollams (1877–1963), who signed her works F.M. Hollams, was a popular British painter of horses and dogs, active in the first three decades of the 20th century. She is noted for her technique of painting on wood panel with no background, so that the grain of the wood is visible. Growing up at Dene Park in Shipbourne she later moved to Puttenden Manor near the hamlet of Dunks Green. Mabel studied under the artist Frank Calderdon and, at a time when most schools did not accept female students, she studied in Paris at Académie Julian.
- Hollams was a prolific painter of animals, mainly horses. She painted for Royalty and many aristocratic families. One of her paintings, a royal horse, hangs in the Mounted Branch Museum at Imber Court. She was also one of the first female Royal Academicians, exhibiting eight paintings, and in 1899 was elected to the Society of Women Artists.
- She was married to Charles Lionel Fox, a land agent who worked for racehorse owners the Cazelet family. She signed her pieces with "F.M. Hollams". Francis Mabel Hollams's paintings have sold at auction many times, with sold prices ranging up to 18,076 USD, the record price for this artist at auction is 18,076 USD for The plough team, sold at Bonhams Knightsbridge in 2012.
- Having such magnificent controlled brush work. Such a delightful equestrian horse animal lover collectors scene.
- Set in such an attractive gilt frame.
- We only select & sell paintings based upon subject, quality & significance.
- We understand your purchase is for your home or as an investment. We provide friendly professional exceptional customer service.
- With hanging thread on the back ready for immediate home display.
- Condition report offered in fine used condition. Having some spots of surface dirt & foxing stains in places to the painting surface. With general wear, dust, scuffs, stains to frame commensurate with usage & old age.
- International worldwide shipping is available please ask for a quote.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Browse our exciting other available collections in our shop gallery happy shopping.
Dimensions in centimetres of frame approximate
Length depth thickness (2.75cm)