Cheshire Antiques Consultant
Oil Painting Canadian Pacific Steamship RMS Empress of England Liverpool Mersey
Regular price £950.00
Shipping calculated at checkout.
BUY NOW £950
- 1 Fine Maritime Art Oil Painting Canadian Pacific Steamship RMS Empress of England In Liverpool Port River Mersey With Liver Buildings.
- Subject maritime of the RMS Empress of England liner steam ship being guided by a tug boat sailing along the Mersey.
- A superb depiction .
- A beautiful work of art showing the famous Liverpool seafront.
- Signed by the local Liverpool artist G Trainer.
- With the famous Liverpool docks & Pier Head Liver Buildings on the shoreline in the background.
- RMS Empress of England was an ocean liner built in 1956-1957 by Vickers-Armstrongs, Newcastle, United Kingdom for the Canadian Pacific Steamships.
- The ship was launched in 1956 and she undertook her maiden voyage in 1957.
- She was a near identical sister ship to Empress of Britain. Empress of England was intended for sailing between Liverpool and Montreal.
- The ship was launched by Lady Eden, the wife of the Prime Minister Anthony Eden on 9 May 1956.
- Empress of England's maiden voyage began on 18 April 1957.
- The ship sailed from Liverpool bound for Montreal, Quebec.
- Trans-Atlantic crossings continued until starting her last regularly scheduled crossing which began on 14 November 1969.
- The ship accomplished some cruises before she was sold in March 1970 to Shaw, Savill & Albion Line.
- Using an almost photorealism style of painting with extreme accuracy in its execution.
- Having a fine masters touch with exceptional controlled brush work.
- Which really captures the river water as it looks so realistic you can feel like you can touch it.
- Very pleasing to the eye a most relaxing enjoyable scene.
- Circa mid 20th century.
- Set in rather stylish white new frame with protective plastic cover.
- We only select & sell paintings based upon quality & significance.
- We understand your purchase is for your home or as an investment.
- We provide friendly professional customer service.
- Provenance bought from a private museum maritime collection.
- Metal hanging brackets on the back ready for wall display.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition.
- Having various noticeable foxing stains, scuffs, paint loss to the painting surface in places commensurate with usage & age.
- Frame offered in excellent condition.
- International worldwide shipping is available please ask for a quote.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Cash upon collection is welcome.
- Checkout our other exciting listings available in our shop gallery.
Dimensions in centimetres of the frame approximate
Depth thickness of the frame (1.5cm)