Oil Painting Brent Geese Flying Brancaster Staithe Norfolk by Hugh Charles Cecil Monahan
Celebrate the beauty of nature with this stunning oil painting of Brent geese flying over Brancaster Staithe Norfolk. Created by renowned artist Hugh Charles Cecil Monahan, this exquisite piece captures the majesty of these birds in breathtaking detail. The perfect addition to any art collection, this painting will bring joy and wonder to your home.
- Add a statement work of art to your office or home wall space!
- Title "Brancaster Staithe and the Brents" & dated 1955 By the artist Hugh Cecil Charles Monahan.
- Subject ornithology animal bird portraiture of a a large gaggle of Brent Geese who are flying around the sky & landing with others who have already landed on the relative choppy waters. in the background to the right you can see village of Brancaster Staithe in the distance on higher ground, to the distant centre and left golden reeds along the wetlands, above a mixture of overcast sky with blue shining through, this is such an atmospheric & mesmerizing scene to view.
- A good size with the frame being 74 cm wide and 64 cm high.
- Oil on canvas.
- Circa mid 20th century dated 1955.
- In our opinion this is one of his finest works.
- Set in a traditional decorative gilt wood frame.
- Signed by the known Irish/Canadian ornithology artist Hugh Monahan..
- Hugh Cecil Charles Monahan a known Irish/Canadian artist who was born in the year 1914 just after the beginning of WW1, he was born and brought up in Dublin in Ireland. It was known that his family moved & he then grew up in the sub-continent India as his father career was in the civil service. When he was older is parents wanted him to attend a boarding school back in England in the north west region. He did go back home once a year to spend some time with his parents during the Christmas holidays.
- Monahan did attend the Royal Hibernian art Academy. He loved working with oils and especially adored creating landscape scenes that had wildfowl with immense atmosphere. He produced a feeling of movements in his works. Monahan combined realism together with a touch of impressionism to make full advantage of the use of light. He has exhibited in various galleries around Ireland & museums also in England in the capital London. Later in adult life he moved with his wife and children where he emigrated to Canada to the province of British Columbia & settled in the City of Vancouver. He died towards the end of 1970 when he was about to go on a sporting hunt for ducks. Monahan’s works have sold at auctions around the world with the current highest sold price being $7567 US dollars.
- Title verso & provenance labels also verso & now in the collection of Cheshire Antiques Consultant.
- Brancaster Staithe is a village on the north coast of the English county of Norfolk. Brancaster Staithe merges with Burnham Deepdale, forming one village. Brancaster Staithe is in the civil parish of Brancaster, together with Burnham Deepdale and Brancaster itself. The three villages form a more or less continuous settlement along the A149 at the edge of the Brancaster Manor marshland and the Scolt Head Island National Nature Reserve.
- Brancaster Staithe has the main harbour access, sailing club, sailing school, The White Horse pub & hotel and The Jolly Sailors pub. Burnham Deepdale has the church, St Mary's, and the majority of the shopping, Deepdale Cafe, Dalegate Market and the tourism accommodation facilities of Deepdale Backpackers & Camping.
- Village life centres on the harbour and its thriving fishing, ornthology and sailing community. The coastal footpath is right on the doorstep, running 47 miles along the North Norfolk Coast. The brant or brent goose (Branta bernicla) is a small goose of the genus Branta. There are three subspecies, all of which winter along temperate-zone sea-coasts and breed on the high-Arctic tundra. The Brent oilfield was named after the species.
- An exceptional sought after collectible artwork.
- Highly sought after due to the collectible nature of subject animal sporting matter such elaborate detail.
- With hanging thread on the back ready for immediate home wall display.
- Incredible conversation piece for your guests.
- We only select & sell paintings based upon subject, quality & significance.
- We provide our clients with friendly professional customer service.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition.
- Front painting surface in good overall order. Having craquelure & foxing stains in places. Frame which has general wear also minor losses, chips commensurate with usage & age.
- International buyers worldwide shipping is available.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Checkout our exciting other available Fine Arts, Antiques & Collectibles in our shop gallery.
Dimensions in centimetres of the frame
High (64 cm)
Wide (74 cm)
Depth thickness of frame (6.5 cm)