Oil Painting Impressionist Piazza Navona "Trevi Fountain" Rome" Carlo Montesi
Buy Now £1500 Free UK Mainland Delivery
- 1 Fine Art Oil Painting Impressionist View Piazza Navona "Trevi Fountain" Rome" Signed C Montesi Born 1920.
- Oil on canvas.
- Circa 1950's.
- Set in a gilt frame.
- Signed on the front C Montesi and also inscribed verso by the known Italian master listed artist Carlo Montesi who was born in Italy in 1920. Reference sources Artland.
- Subject Impressionist view of the Trevi Fountain with figures standing in the Piazza Navona Rome.
- Piazza Navona (pronounced [ˈpjattsa naˈvoːna]) is a public open space in Rome, Italy. It is built on the site of the Stadium of Domitian, built in the 1st century AD, and follows the form of the open space of the stadium.
- The Trevi Fountain (Italian: Fontana di Trevi) is a fountain in the Trevi district in Rome, Italy, designed by Italian architect Nicola Salvi and completed by Giuseppe Pannini and several others. Standing 26.3 metres (86 ft) high and 49.15 metres (161.3 ft) wide, it is the largest Baroque fountain in the city and one of the most famous fountains in the world.
- The fountain at the junction of three roads (tre vie) marks the terminal point of the "modern" Acqua Vergine, the revived Aqua Virgo, one of the aqueducts that supplied water to ancient Rome. In 19 BC, supposedly with the help of a virgin, Roman technicians located a source of pure water some 13 km (8.1 mi) from the city. (This scene is presented on the present fountain's façade.)
- However, the eventual indirect route of the aqueduct made its length some 22 km (14 mi). This Aqua Virgo led the water into the Baths of Agrippa. It served Rome for more than 400 years.
- The name of the Latin fountain derives from the Latin word Trivium (intersection of three streets). Looking at the fountain we see the Ocean in the center, which has a long beard (synonymous with wisdom) and a scepter.
- The statue is located right in the center of De 'Crocicchi Street, Poli Street and Delle Muratte Street.
- About the artist Carlo Montesi was born in 1920 and was predominantly influenced creatively by the 1930s. The period of the 1930s is characterised by the conflict between many political ideologies, including Marxist Socialism, Capitalist Democracy, and the Totalitarianism of both Communism and Fascism.
- He uses many different styles, mediums, and techniques. A member of the Union of Visual Artists of the Czech Republic, his work has featured on a national postage stamp with the Prime Minister and his work is displayed in several government buildings.
- Provenance bought from a fine private museum art collection.
- With hanging thread on the back ready for immediate home display.
- Incredible conversation piece for your guests.
- We only select & sell paintings based upon quality & significance.
- We understand your purchase is for your home or as an investment.
- We provide our clients with friendly professional customer service.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition.
- Having some wear, scuffs & scratches and minor chips and repairs in places to the frame commensurate with usage. The front painting surface is in excellent order overall apart from some minor paint loss.
- International buyers worldwide shipping is available.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Browse our other exciting collections available in our shop gallery happy shopping.
Dimensions in inches & centimetres of frame approximate
High 18.11" (46cm)
Wide 22.04" (56cm)
Depth 1.18" (3cm)