Oil Painting Portrait English Gentleman John Whistler Of Curds Hall Norfolk
- 1 Fine Art Antique Early 19th Century Oil Painting Portrait Of An English Gentleman John Whistler Of Curds Hall Great Fransham Norfolk.
- Subject side profile sitting forward portrait view of John Whistler of Curds Hall Great Fransham in Norfolk.
- He is sitting in his chair holding his hands clenched together, wearing an impressive thick black overcoat, thick silver grey hair with rosy cheeks and nose complexion.
- Curds hall no longer exits it was demolished around the early to mid 20th century. All what remains presently is Curds Hall Barn.
- English school.
- Oil on canvas.
- Set in a rather ornate gilt frame.
- Hanging thread on the back ready for home display.
- Circa early 19th century.
- Provenance bought from a high end auction label verso.
- We select & sell our paintings based solely upon quality & significance.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition.
- The painting surface has various craquelure, paint touch ups in places, stretcher mark indentation lines show through the canvas front, with foxing to the canvas, the frame has various wear, cracking, scuffs, chips, losses and old repairs commensurate with usage & old age.
- We offer our clients exceptional professional customer service.
- International buyers worldwide shipping is available please ask for a quote.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Browse our other exciting collections available in our shop gallery, happy shopping.
Dimensions in centimetres of the frame approximate