Cheshire Antiques Consultant
Oil Painting Portrait Officer British Army 2nd Signal Regiment Brigadier A.L.Dowell ADC
Regular price $2,179.00
Shipping calculated at checkout.
- This 1 expertly crafted realism oil painting portrays a British Army officer Brigadier A.L.Dowell ADC, as he relinquishes his appointment as commander of the 2nd Signal Regiment. It is a timeless tribute to the bravery and commitment of British army officers & soldiers.
- Subject military portrait of Brigadier A.L.Dowell ADC on relinquishing his appointment as commander, 2nd signal group regiment on retiring from the regular army in may 1980.
- Signed by a British artist Dean Whedwell.
- Oil on canvas board.
- Provenance bought from an art dealer & the original presentation card is included.
- This is such a superb portrait by such a talented artist having the skills of a master.
- Superb brushstroke control which brings persons face to life so realistic.
- We only buy and sell paintings based upon subject, quality & significance.
- Set in an attractive gilt wood frame.
- With hanging thread on the back ready for immediate home display.
- Circa late 20th century dated 1980.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition.
- Having 1 minor noticeable chip to the frame located near the back of the frame. Some wear and scuffs to frame commensurate with usage & age.
- International worldwide shipping is available.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Browse our other exciting Fine Art, antiques & collectibles available in our shop gallery.
Dimensions in centimetres of the frame approximate