Oil Painting Scottish Highlands Near Lochailort By Howard Shingler
- 1 Beautiful Original British Work of Art Oil Painting Scottish Highlands Mountain Stream Landscape Near Lochailort By Howard Shingler.
- Subject beautiful traditional landscape view of Scottish Highlands near Lochailort.
- Title Mountain Stream Near Lochailort.
- In the foreground your focus is first drawn to the large stone boulder also to the heather & grassland vegetation, then to the tranquil flowing stream that runs through, further back to the left you can see an old stone bridge with an archway. In the background the magnificent views of the Scottish Highland mountains, overhead with a fine blue sky with clouds overhead.
- Oil on board.
- Signed in the bottom corner by the known British artist Howard Shingler.
- Artist biography Born in Leicester in 1953, Howard Shingler is a professional postwar and contemporary artist with over thirty years’ experience. After twelve years working in a foundry office, Howard turned to his passion of painting, and became a full-time artist in 1984. Working exclusively in oils, his oeuvre contains paintings that capture the magnificence of the countryside, the fine details of still life and accurate depictions of wildlife.
- Howard’s landscapes are produced from his own reference material, imbuing his paintings with a quality which could only be gained from a direct experience. Though he travels throughout the country. His landscapes fall into two categories: those depicting the natural beauty of today’s countryside or those unveiling the landscape as it was in Victorian times.
- He has always been renowned for his paintings, their rich colours and crisp detail giving them a timeless quality. There are few artists today with the talent and versatility to produce work of such diverse subject matter. This, paired with his traditional and evocative technique, give Howard’s work a true sense of timelessness. His work is primarily sold in the UK, but has also been exhibited in galleries around the world including the USA, Spain, Australia and the Middle East.
- Lochailort (/lɒxˈaɪlərt/ lokh-EYE-lərt, Scottish Gaelic: Ceann Loch Ailleart) is a hamlet in Scotland that lies at the head of Loch Ailort, a sea loch, on the junction of the Road to the Isles (A830) between Fort William and Mallaig with the A861 towards Salen and Strontian.An exceptional fine example of his work.
- Set in a a very pretty original gilt frame.
- Circa late 20th century.
- Provenance gallery label verso Inverbeg Galleries.
- Purchased from a private seller.
- Such a delightful scene to the eye.
- Highly sought after due to the collectible nature of the Scottish scenery subject matter such elaborate detail.
- With hanging thread on the back ready for immediate home wall display.
- Incredible conversation piece for your guests.
- We only select & sell paintings based upon quality & significance.
- We understand your purchase is for your home or as an investment.
- We provide our clients with friendly professional customer service.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition.
- Front painting surface in excellent order. The frame is in good overall order having only some minor general wear and 1 tiny chip commensurate with usage & age.
- International buyers worldwide shipping is available please ask for a quote.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Checkout our exciting other available collections in our shop gallery, happy shopping.
Dimensions in centimetres of the frame approximate
Depth thickness of frame (3.5cm)