Cheshire Antiques Consultant
English School Artwork Oil Painting Clipper & Steam Ships Sailing Clyde After Christopher Guise
Regular price £1,280.00
Shipping calculated at checkout.
BUY NOW £1280
- 1 Fine English School Artwork Vintage Mid 20th Century Marine Oil Painting Clipper & Steam Ships Sailing on the Clyde After Christopher Guise.
- Oil on canvas marine painting.
- In the style of similar to after the famous marine artist painter Christopher Guise who specialised in marine art.
- Distinctly monogrammed signed by A English school artist W.A.H.
- Subject view of a tall clipper sailing ship in the foreground, with a smaller steam ship in the background on the Scottish Clyde estuary.
- Circa mid 20th century dated 1940.
- Beautiful controlled brushwork.
- Set in a fine gilt wood frame.
- With hanging thread on the back ready for immediate home display.
- A most pleasing delightful scene to the eye.
- A superb investment collectors item.
- We only sell paintings based on quality & significance.
- Unwrapped weight under 3kg approximate.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition.
- Having various noticeable wear, craquelure, foxing staining and some loss of paint to the canvas surface in places with scuffs, wear, cracking & small chips to the frame commensurate with usage & age.
- International worldwide shipping is available.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Cash upon collection is welcome.
- Checkout our other exciting listings available in our shop, happy shopping.
Dimensions in inches & centimetres of frame approximate
21.65" High (55cm)
25.60 Wide (65cm)
1.18" Thickness depth of frame (3cm)