Cheshire Antiques Consultant
Original Art Deco Gilt Bronze Spitz Dog Animal Car Mascot Signed A G Ward
Regular price £595.00
Shipping calculated at checkout.
Buy Now £595 Free UK Mainland Delivery
- 1 Rare Small Fine English Art Deco Original 20th Century Gilt Bronze Spitz Dog Animal Car Mascot.
- The casting is superb, you can clearly see the detail to the fur.
- So adorable and highly sought after by private collectors & tv film studio prop shops.
- Made from bronze with gilt ormolu finish.
- Signed underneath A G Ward.
- Fantastic Mothers day of Easter gift.
- It originally come from a classic car as it has a small round hole underneath by the back legs.
- Free standing.
- The word Spitz derived from the German word spitz meaning pointed, it is a type of domestic dog characterized by long thick fur, pointed ear and muzzles. The tail often curls over the dogs back or droops.
- The exact origin of the Spitz dog are not known, though most of the Spitzes seen today originate from the Arctic region or Siberia.
- Having such a beautiful finish with charming patina.
- Circa early 20th century.
- The unwrapped weight as follows weighs around 1kg.
- Bought from a private seller.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition.
- Having some minor noticeable verdigris patina, scuffs, scratches, stains, and 1 minor tiny chip on the ear, wear marks in places commensurate with usage & old age.
- International buyers shipping is available.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Cash upon collection is welcome.
- Browse our exciting other available collections in our shop gallery, happy shopping.
Dimensions in inches & centimetres approximate
4.13" High (10.5cm)
1.96" Wide (5cm)
4.92" Length (12.5cm)