Italian Old Master 17th Century Painting "The Three Graces"
- 1 Fine Art Classical Italian Renaissance Old Master Original Late 17th Century Painting The Three Graces.
- Subject classical portrait depicting "The Three Graces".
- Graces on the right and left showing side profile, the Grace in the centre showing front profile looking at the third Grace.
Such an interesting conversation scene
- The artist has captured the flowing movement of the Graces hair. Gouache & pastel on paper lined on canvas.
- In Greek mythology, the three Graces are the goddesses of charm, beauty, nature, human creativity, goodwill, and fertility, together known as the Graces. The usual roster, as given in Hesiod, is Aglaea ("Shining"), Euphrosyne ("Joy"), and Thalia ("Blooming".
- Such master brushstroke control by such a competent hand..
- So finely hand painted.
- With a protective glass front cover.
- Set in later gilt gesso frame.
- Unwrapped weight just under 5kg.
- Provenance bought from out of a reputable English fine art auction sale, label verso. With an old Address label verso 19 Hanover Square London.
- Hanging thread on the back ready for home display.
- Circa late 17th century.
- We select & sell our paintings based solely upon quality & significance.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition.
- The frame has been recently over painted.
- Having various noticeable scuffs, stains, wear & chips to the frame & various foxing staining, dust in places to the painting surface also tear to paper lining on the back commensurate with usage & extreme old age.
- We offer our clients exceptional professional customer service.
- International buyers worldwide shipping is available please ask for a quote.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Browse our other exciting collections available in our shop gallery, happy shopping.
Dimensions in inches & centimetres of the frame approx
18.70" High (47.5cm)
24.40" Wide (62cm)
2.95" Depth (7.5cm)