Pair Collectible Nymphenburg Porcelain Dove Peacock Tail Birds Figurines
- Pair Rare Original Fine Decorative Mid Century Nymphenburg Porcelain Dove Peacock Tail Birds Ornament Figurines.
- They are so beautiful modelled and a feature that stands out are there intricate hand painted detail especially to the tail feathers which are incredible. Set on gilt painted built in small plinths which have a scalloped edge detail.
- Designed by the known Luise Terletzki-Scherf in 1953 whose animal figurines are so collectible.
- Having the Nymphenburg stamp mark underneath and numbered on each 961 and 962.
- Origin from Germany.
- The Nymphenburg Porcelain Manufactory (German: Porzellan Manufaktur Nymphenburg) is located at the Nördliche Schloßrondell in one of the Cavalier Houses in front of the Nymphenburg Palace in Munich, Germany, and since its establishment in 1747 has produced porcelain of high quality. It is one of the last porcelain producers in the world where every single part is made entirely by hand.
- History of the factory After his accession in 1745 Maximilian III Joseph, Prince-Elector of Bavaria, commanded the establishment of manufacturing companies in order to bail out the state finances. On 11 November 1747 the first manufactory with potters and modelling shops, painting and writing rooms was set up at the Grüne Schlössl, Neudeck Castle formerly located in the area of the modern day Munich borough of Au-Haidhausen.
- Not until 1754 after Joseph Jakob Ringler had mastered the complex processes of production, regular manufacture of porcelain finally began to succeed. In the same year the rococo porcelain sculptor Franz Anton Bustelli came to work at the factory. In 1755 the factory received its first commission from the Bavarian court and in 1756 came the first success in painting the porcelain in colour.
- The skillful management of lawyer and entrepreneur Count Sigmund von Haimhausen ensured that by 1758 the factory was placed on a sound commercial footing. In 1761 the manufacture moved to a Cavalier house, a prestigious two-storey hipped roof building with a semicircular risalit center and structured plaster on the grand circle near the main entrance of the Nymphenburg Palace, where it is still located today. Reference source wikipedia.
- A nice small size being 12.5 cm and 13.5 cm high each.
- So decorative and appealing to the eye.
- Handmade from porcelain.
- So collectible & highly sought after.
- A wonderful Christmas gift.
- Circa mid 20th century 1950's.
- Provenance from high end auction.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition, no chips ready for immediate display.
- Having some age spots and staining, colour paint fading losses wear in places commensurate with usage & age.
- International worldwide shipping is available please ask for a quote.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- We offer our clients exceptional professional customer service.
- Cash upon collection is welcome.
- Checkout our exciting collections available in our shop gallery, happy shopping.
Dimensions in centimetres of each approximate
Dove numbered 961 size
Width of base (5.7cm)
Depth base (6.3cm)
Depth to deespest point from front base to tail edge (10cm)
Dove numbered 962 size
High (13 cm)
Width of base (5.9 cm)
Depth of base (6.5cm)
Depth deepest point from front of base to tail edge (13.5cm)