Reclaimed French 18th Century Grand Tour Garden Cast Iron Plinth On Lion Legs
- 1 Fine Reclaimed Stately Home French Georgian 18th Century Grand Tour Very Rare Architectural Reclaimed Antique Garden Display Cast Iron Plinth Table Hipped Lion Paw Legs.
- Originally it was used to display hold a heavy marble statue.
- It is surprising extremely heavy for its relatively small size such really heavy quality weighing around 180kg estimate approximate.
- Finest hand cast made in France.
- Provenance bought from out of a large impressive private stately home garden collection.
- A feature that really stands and you will love are the unusually prominent wide 4 lion hipped legs as this design is so it can bear extreme weight.
- The legs are wonderful its like it is about to run away by itself.
- It would make such a wonderful impressive feature for your country estate, garden, porch entrance driveway area.
- Circa late 18th century 1780's Georgian era 240 years old.
- Free standing & very stable.
- It has the so sought after naturally aged rusted patina, which feels masculine rough to the touch.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine charming old used well worn rusted weathered condition.
- Having various noticeable wear, stains, rust, discolouration commensurate with weathering & old age.
- International shipping worldwide is available please ask for a quote.
- We can ship easily by pallet around Europe, for outside Europe it would either airfreight or sea freight shipping.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send us a message.
- We offer our clients exceptional professional customer service.
- Cash upon collection is welcome.
- Browse our exciting other collections available in our shop gallery happy shopping.
Long axis 67cm (75cm including ‘lip’)
Short axis 46cm
Short axis across feet 64cm
Long axis across feet 87cm
Upstand approx. 1.5cm