Seascape Oil Painting First Rate Man O War Ships Portsmouth Harbour Brian Coole
Buy Now £3,000
- 1 Fine Marine Art Oil Painting "First Rate Man O War" Ships In Portsmouth Harbour By Brian Coole 1939-Present Day.
- Oil on panel set in a fine gilt gesso frame, heav quality weighing just over 4kg.
- Subject 18th century seascape scene of an English first rate man o war ship along with other smaller sailing ships at Portsmouth harbour.
- Signed by the famous listed known artist Brian Coole 1939-to Present Day.
- Biography Brian Coole this living artist works have sold for as much as $16,000 see AskArt. Born in Edgeware, Middlesex, England, February 14th 1939. Irish parentage, strongest affiliation USA who is still living.
- Entirely self-taught. Visits to public museums and galleries give his claimed influences of William Wyllie through a spectrum ranging to Rembrandt and Canaletto, although in the US, his work is compared to that of Fitz Hugh Lane.
Recent commissions assignments in 2001 Three historical ship portraits for The Royal Naval Museum (United Kingdom) for permanent display.
- Circa mid 20th century 1960.
- This painting has beautiful perspective with views of Portsmouth harbour & fort buildings in the background, with battle ships and fishing sailing ships in the foreground also birds flying. You can see the cannons & English flags on the war ships superb detail.
- Provenance purchased from a high end art auction East of England label on the side.
- Highly sought after by CEO's, interior designers, museums, art gallerys, antique dealers, famous & private collectors, film tv studio prop shops.
- Incredible conversation piece for your guests.
- We only select & sell paintings based upon quality & significance.
- We understand your purchase is for your home or as an investment.
- We provide our clients with friendly professional expert customer service.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition.
- With noticeable foxing staining & some paint loss to the painting surface in places.
- Various wear, chips, cracking, scuffs and repairs to the frame in places.
- No hanging thread you would need to add one.
- International buyers worldwide shipping is available please ask for a quote.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Browse our other exciting collections available in our shop gallery happy shopping.
Dimensions in inches & centimetres of the frame approximate
17.12" High (43.5cm)
18.50" Wide (47cm)
2.75" Depth (7cm)