Seascape Oil Painting "St Ives Fishing Boat" Off Cornwall Coast by Keith English
- 1 Fine Large Seascape Art Marine Oil Painting St Ives Fishing Boat Off Cornwall Coast by British artist Keith English.
- Signed by The British artist Keith English.
- This is such a fine impressive vibrant example of his work.
- Title "St Ives Fishing Boat"
- Circa late 20th century.
- Oil on canvas.
- Subject marine seascape fishing boat from St Ives off Cornwall.
- You will love the colour of the sky shown at dawn with the suns rays coming through the grey clouds.
- Having beautiful highly detailed perspective.
- The focal point is the St Ives fishing boat with 3 relaxed figures fisherman in the boat sailing on choppy seas, with 1 figure hauling in the fishing nets. With seagulls flying overhead.
- Biography of the artist Keith English he was born on 20th January 1935 and sadly passed away quietly in his wife’s arms on 15th December 2016. he was a student of metaphysics and pursued a spiritual path seeking ultimate enlightenment. This and his voyage on discovery is reflected in his works. When Keith English first started painting he began with subjects that he could see. He used actual models or he painted a seascape or landscape that impressed him with its beauty. He used to say that if it stood still long enough he would paint it!
- His subjects never remained exactly the same. After several years of painting the sea or schooners he would shift to painting clowns or character studies.Keith had a wry sense of humour and often this was evident in the paintings, making you smile. Everyone loves the seascapes. He captured water so beautifully, employing techniques that enhanced the light as it was reflected from the setting or rising sun, glistening moonlight or simply giving us hope in a stormy sea. Cornwall was where his heart was though. Most of his paintings recorded aspects of Cornish life.
- The brushwork is of the finest quality, totally exceptional a masterpiece.
- Set in a fine gilt fibreglass frame.
- With hanging thread on the back ready for immediate home display.
- Such an intriguing pleasing scene to the eye.
- Incredible conversation piece for your guests.
- A superb investment collectors item.
- Provenance bought from a fine art sale Burstow & Hewett auction label verso.
- We only select & sell paintings based upon quality & significance.
- We understand your purchase is for your home or as an investment.
- Highly sought after by private collectors, interior designers, art galleries, nautical museums.
- We provide our clients with friendly professional customer service.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition.
- Having some minor wear, foxing staining to the canvas surface in places with various foxing staining on the back of the canvas as shown.
- With some minor noticeable scuffs, wear, minor chips to the frame in places commensurate with usage & age.
- International buyers worldwide shipping is available please ask for a quote.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Checkout our exciting other available listings in our shop gallery, happy shopping.
Dimensions in centimetres of the frame approximate
Length depth thickness of frame (6.5cm)