Set English Chippendale Regency Style Mahogany Acanthus Carver Dining Chairs
- 1 Set of fine English superb quality in the Chippendale Regency style handmade carver acanthus leaf dining chairs.
- Please note this 1 set comprises 2 chairs only.
- Hand crafted.
- With original seat protective plastic covers that are still in place.
- They are upholstered in the very finest softest silk Demask upholstery.
- With amazing scroll shaped armrests & front hipped cabriole legs & elegant sloped back legs.
- Built in fine hard wood frames.
- They where purchased from out of a fine stately home in Shropshire.
- Circa late 20th century 1990's.
- Each chair weighs around 10kg each, total combined unwrapped weight altogether 20kg approximate.
- With finely carved heart shaped backs.
- Having acanthus leaf & floral carved decorations.
- Thomas Chippendale (1718–1779) was born in Otley in the West Riding of Yorkshire, England in June 1718.
- He became a cabinet-maker in London, designing furniture in the mid-Georgian, English Rococo, and Neoclassical styles.
- In 1754 he published a book of his designs, titled The Gentleman and Cabinet Maker's Director, upon which success he became renowned.
- The designs are regarded as representing the current British fashion for furniture of that period and are now reproduced globally.
- Chippendale was much more than just a cabinet maker, he was an interior designer who advised on other aspects of decor such as soft furnishings and even the colour a room should be painted.
- During the company's period of greatest success it could act like a modern interior designer working with other specialists and contract for the supply of fully decorated and furnished rooms or whole houses, once the principal construction was done.
- Chippendale often received large-scale commissions from aristocratic clients.-He was buried 16 November 1779, according to the records of St Martin-in-the-Fields, in the cemetery since built upon by the National Gallery.
- We offer our clients exceptional professional customer service.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition.
- Having some imperfections commensurate with being handmade.
- Having some noticeable scuffs, scratches, wear, stains to the wood & dust in places.
- Some previous glue repairs have been made underneath, fully functional & sturdy.
- International buyers worldwide shipping is available please ask for a quote.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Checkout our exciting other available listings in our shop gallery, if you order 2 or more items we can ofer you extra discount happy shopping.
Dimensions in inches & centimetres approx each
43" High (109cm)
25" Wide (64cm)
21" Seat Height (53cm)
21" Length Depth (53cm)