Sporting Victorian Lithograph Horse Race Grand National By Godfrey Douglas Giles
Buy Now £750
- 1 Large Fine Sporting Original Victorian 19th Century Coloured Lithograph Print Horse Race Grand National By Godfrey Douglas Giles.
- Medium lithograph coloured print on paper.
- Subject traditional English sporting world famous horse racing scene.
- Title Grand National Steeplechase At Liverpool.
- Depicting scene of Canal turn in the 1892 Grand National which was won by Father O' Flynn ridden by Captain E R Owen.
- Having such beautiful perspective you can see figures of the crowd in the background.
- Circa late 19th century dated 1892.
- Initial signed by in red on the left G.D. Giles with date 92 for 1892.
- Godfrey Douglas Giles (9 November 1857 Karachi - 1 February 1941) was a painter of horses, military scenes and battles, many experienced firsthand while on service with the British Army in India, Afghanistan, Egypt and South Africa.
- Superb collectors item.
- Set in a later gilt frame with protective glass front cover.
- Incredible conversation piece for your guests.
- With hanging thread on the back ready for immediate home wall display
- We only select & sell paintings based upon quality & significance.
- We understand your purchase is for your home or as an investment.
- We provide our clients with friendly professional customer service.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition.
- The front picture scene surface is in overall good order, foxing in places and also and some minor loss in areas. The gilt frame has scuffs minor chips & general wear in places commensurate with usage & age.
- International buyers worldwide shipping is available please ask for a quote.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Browse our other exciting collections available in our shop gallery happy shopping.
Dimensions in centimetres of the frame approximate