Cheshire Antiques Consultant
Victorian Marine Oil Painting Dutch Shipping In A Swell Listed Harry J Williams
Regular price £1,795.00
Shipping calculated at checkout.
BUY NOW £1795
- 1 Fine Artwork Antique 19th Century Victorian Marine Oil Painting Dutch Sailing Ship caught In Swell Harry J Williams.
- Oil on canvas marine painting.
- Titled "Shipping in a swell"
- Distinctly signed by a known Listed British artist influenced by the Dutch masters.
- He was active from 1854 to 1898.
- Subject view of high seas 19th century Dutch sailing sailing ship caught in a swell, seagulls flying with fishermen against the swell struggling in a longboat.
- Circa late 19th century dated 1876.
- Provenance bought exclusively from a fine art auction in Derbyshire.
- Beautiful controlled brushwork.
- Set in a fine gilt wood frame.
- With hanging thread on the back ready for immediate home display.
- A most pleasing scene to the eye and a great talking point to your guests.
- A superb investment collectors item.
- We sell our paintings based on quality & significance.
- Unwrapped weight under 1kg approximate.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition.
- Having noticeable wear, craquelure, foxing staining to the canvas surface in places also scuffs & minor chips, noticeable scuffs wear to the frame commensurate with usage & age.
- International worldwide shipping is available.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Cash upon collection is welcome.
- Checkout our other exciting shop listings available, happy shopping.
Dimensions in inches & centimetres of frame approximate
10.23" High (26cm)
18.10 Wide (46cm)
1" Thickness depth of frame (2.5cm)