Cheshire Antiques Consultant
Victorian Style Silver Plate Amber Glass Fish Decanter After Alexander Crichton
Regular price £425.00
Shipping calculated at checkout.
BUY NOW £425
- 1 Fine Victorian Style Silver Plated Amber Glass Fish Claret Jug Spirit Drinks Holder
- In the style of similar to after Alexander Crichton.
- Alexander Crichton was born in Edinburgh in 1839, he became one of the finest London silversmiths.
- It was during this brief period that Crichton designed his fantastical animal claret jugs for which he is so well known.
- He created more than thirty four silver and glass claret jugs between 1881 and 1882.
- Crichton's whimsy is seen in some of the finest English silver of the period, it is thought to be based on the drawings of Sir John Tenniel for Alice in Wonderland and Alice Through the Looking Glass.
- Full of character in the form of a a fish.
- Very unusual such a quirky collectors piece.
- Featuring wonderful patina to the silver plate offset by the fine amber coloured glass.
- With a threaded clear glass handle at the top, silver plate tail and a detailed silver plate head which has glass eyes.
- Such a beautiful item with a pull corked stopper.
- Circa early 21st century 18 years old approx.
- Made from silver plate & amber glass.
- Hallmarked underneath AI EP NS.
- Condition report offered in fine used condition.
- Having various noticeable wear, stains, scratches in places commensurate with being handmade also with usage & age.
- International worldwide shipping is available.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- We offer our clients exceptional professional customer service.
- Cash upon collection is welcome.
- Checkout our other exciting shop collections available in our shop gallery happy shopping.
Dimensions in inches & centimetres approximate
4.92" Height (12.5cm)
2.65" Width at the widest bottom point from gill to gill (6.75cm)
13.97" Length depth thickness of frame (35.5cm)