Cheshire Antiques Consultant
Vintage Craven Brothers Sheffield Darnall Railway Carriage Builders Iron Plaque
Regular price £300.00
Shipping calculated at checkout.
BUY NOW £300
- 1 Vintage Craven Brothers Sheffield Darnall Railway Carriage Builders Engineering Crest Cast Iron Wall Plaque.
- Made from cast iron heavy quality.
- Cravens Railway Carriage and Wagon Company Limited was a railway rolling stock builder in the Darnall district of Sheffield, England.
- Founded by brothers named Craven and known as Craven Brothers, later Cravens Limited.
- It remained a family business until John Brown & Company acquired a controlling shareholding in 1919.
- Its name was changed back to Cravens Limited in 1954 when it finally became a wholly owned subsidiary of John Brown.
- Two Sheffield-raised Craven brothers, sons of a Wakefield mason and builders themselves began to make railway wagons in 1866, when railway companies also pulled wagons, particularly purpose-built wagons, for other owners.
- A third brother, previously an architect and timber merchant, soon joined them.
- Weighs nearly 2.8kg unwrapped weight & thickness is 1.5cm approx.
- Having 2 screw holes, no screws are included you would need to buy them to display on your wall.
- Circa 20th century.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine charming old used worn rusted condition.
- Having various noticeable wear, scratches, chips, paint stains commensurate with usage & age.
- International buyers shipping worldwide is available.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send us a message.
- Cash upon collection is welcome.
- Checkout our exciting other available listings in our shop gallery, if you order 2 or more items we can offer you discount, happy shopping.
Dimensions in inches & centimetres approximate
0.59" High thickness (1.5cm)
11.42" Width (29cm)
7.09" Length (18cm