British Oil Painting Airedale Terrier Dog Portrait By Howard Shingler
Transform any room with this beautiful British Oil Painting Cute Airedale Terrier Dog Portrait by Howard Shingler. Its intricate detail and delicate brush strokes will draw the eye and warm the heart. Perfect for any art lover or animal lover, this timeless piece will fill your home with joy for years to come!
- Enhance your home or office wall space with this beautiful, friendly artwork.
- Title “Airedale Terrier”.
- Subject portrait of a cute Airdale terrier dog facing the viewer in full profile, with lush green landscape views in the lower foreground & background. He has been playing with his beloved red and yellow ball which is lying just in front of him. You can feel the temptation to pick the ball up and throw it for the dog to chase.
- Medium is oil on board.
- Nice easy small display size with the frame being 22.25 cm high and 17.25 cm wide.
- Signed in the bottom corner by the well-known listed British artist H Shingle for Howard Shingler.
- Artist biography He was born in Leicester in 1953, Howard Shingler. He postwar and contemporary artist with over thirty years’ experience. His artworks have sold at auctions around the world with the current highest sold price being $2,000 US dollars. After twelve years working in a foundry office, Howard turned to his passion of painting and became a full-time artist in 1984. He works exclusively in oils. His paintings capture the magnificence of the countryside, & the fine details of still life and accurate depictions of wildlife.
He has always been renowned for his paintings, with rich colors and crisp detail giving them a timeless quality.
- His work is primarily sold in the UK, but has also been exhibited in galleries around the world, including the USA, Spain, Australia and the Middle East.
- Circa late 20th century 1970s.
- Set in the original frame.
- This is a rather fine example of his works.
- The Airedale Terrier (often shortened to "Airedale"), also called Bingley Terrier and Waterside Terrier, is a dog breed of the terrier type that originated in the valley (dale) of the River Aire, in the West Riding of Yorkshire, England. It is traditionally called the "King of Terriers" because it is the largest of the terrier breeds. The Airedale was bred from the Old English Black and Tan Terrier and the Otter hound and probably some other Terrier breeds, and has contributed to other dog breeds, such as the Yorkshire Terrier. Originally bred to serve as a versatile hunting and all around working farm dog, this breed has also been used as a war dog, guide dog, and police dog in Britain. In the United States, the breed has been used to hunt big game, upland birds, and water fowl, and serve in many other working capacities.
- Provenane from a private art collection.
- Such a delightful scene to the eye, a great conversation piece.
- Highly sought after due to the collectible animal nature of the subject matter and such elaborate detail.
- With hanging thread on the back ready for immediate home wall display.
- Incredible conversation piece for your guests.
- We only select & sell paintings based upon subject quality & significance.
- We provide our clients with friendly professional customer service.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition.
- Front painting surface in good acceptable overall order. and have some minor paint touch ups to the green vegetation areas on the left side, also with some surface scuffs, & foxing stains in places. Set in the original frame which has been overprinted, it has various general wear, scuffs, stains, fading, chips, losses commensurate with usage & age.
- International buyers worldwide shipping is available. Please ask for a quote.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support. Please send a message thank you.
- Checkout our exciting other available Fine Arts, antiques & collectibles in our shop gallery, happy shopping.
Dimensions in centimetres of the frame
High (22.25 cm)
Wide (17.25 cm)
Depth thickness of frame (1.5 cm)