French Fleur de Lys Heraldry Knight Shield Fire Companion Set
This French Fleur de Lys Heraldry Knight Shield Fire Companion Set is an incredibly elegant way to enjoy your fireside evenings. The set is handcrafted with the classic French Fleur de Lys motif, a symbol of strength and resilience, and features a sturdy and durable design with a smooth finish. An expertly crafted handle allows for comfortable use, making it the perfect addition to any fireside.Very unusual and stylish great design, it stands on an attached acanthus leaf which leads to the lower stepped base.
In the Gothic medieval country home style.
- This set comprises the tongs & brush which are hanging on the back.
- A feature that stands out is are the vibrant hand painted colors especially to the shield, in red, yellow, pale pink and blue, The shield has 3 Fleur de lies in the top left quadrant corner and opposite below 4 dagger decorations. Knight's head on top with garlands of further acanthus leaves, an axe and spear decoration.
- Heavy quality, weighing around 8kg approximate.
- Made from wrought iron.
- Circa late 20th century, 1970s.
- With beautiful aged patina.
- It would make a fabulous gift.
- Provenance bought from out of a stately home collection in the Shires.
- Highly sought after by collectors, home decorators, interior designers, TV film production company studio prop shops.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition with various scuffs scratches, dust, stains, rust & some paint losses and color fading commensurate with usage & age.
- International shipping worldwide is available.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only, for customer support please send us a message.
- We offer our clients exceptional, professional customer service.
- Browse our other exciting Fine Arts, antiques & collectibles available in our shop gallery.
Dimensions in centimetres
High (63 cm)
Width at base(24.5cm)
Length depth (11.5 cm)