Georgian Architectural Bronze Garden Sundial Top With Gnomon Sculpture
This sundial sculpture is the perfect addition to your garden. Made with a beautiful Georgian architectural bronze, the sundial top with noon sculpture will bring a classic, timeless look to your outdoor space. Designed to be both decorative and functional, the sundial will keep the time even as your garden grows and changes.
- Having classic Roman numerals around the baseplate.
- Made from out of bronze.
- A nice small size being 17.5 cm high and 24.9 cm wide.
- Circa beginning of the early 19th century Georgian era.
- The Gnomon has been riveted to the baseplate as shown from the back
- A sundial is a horological device that tells the time of day (referred to as civil time in modern usage) when direct sunlight shines by the apparent position of the Sun in the sky. In the narrowest sense of the word, it consists of a flat plate (the dial) and a noon, which casts a shadow onto the dial.
- As the Sun appears to move through the sky, the shadow aligns with different hour-lines, which are marked on the dial to indicate the time of day. The style is the time-telling edge of the noon, though a single point or nodes may be used. The Gnomon casts a broad shadow; the shadow of the style shows the time. The noon may be a rod, wire, or elaborately decorated metal casting. The style must be parallel to the axis of the Earth's rotation for the sundial to be accurate throughout the year. The style's angle from horizontal is equal to the sundial's geographical latitude.
- The term sundial can refer to any device that uses the Sun's altitude or azimuth (or both) to show the time. Sundials are valued as decorative objects, metaphors, and objects of intrigue and mathematical study.
- So collectible and highly sought after.
- It originally came from out of a large English stately home garden.
- A beautiful present gift.
- It weights around 1.4 kg approximate, also the baseplate has a couple holes for you to screw it down.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition.
- Having various weathering wear, charming patina, scuffs, scratches commensurate with usage & old age.
- We offer our clients exceptional professional customer service.
- International worldwide shipping is available.
- Browse our exciting other Fine Arts, antiques & collectibles available in our shop gallery.
Dimensions in centimetres
Length depth base (24.9 cm)
Width (24.9 cm)
Height to Noon top (17.5 cm)