German Carved Wood Sculpture Schloss Stettenfels Castle Wall Plaque
Calling all castle connoisseurs! Get ready to make a grand entrance with this wow-worthy 1 German Carved Wood Sculpture Schloss Stettenfels Castle Wall Plaque. Show off your regal taste with this stately statement that's sure to have a royal impact! #ginglymoarthrodia
- A feature that stands out is the ornate detail of the castle in raised low relief.
- Very decorative & fine craft skills.
- Stetten Castle is a medieval castle above the town of Untergruppenbach in Heilbronn. It was once owned by Hans Fugger and is now used for cultural events. The castle was built in the 11th century, probably at about the same time as many other castles in the area.
- From 1356, Stettenfels was owned by Burkhard, Knight of Sturmfeder. From 1462 to 1478, the Lords of Hallstatt owned the castle. With the 1504 victory of Ulrich, Duke of Württemberg in the Land shut War of Succession, the castle became a fief of Wartenberg under Marshal Konrad Thumb of Neuburg in 1507.
- His son Hans Konrad Thumb of Neuburg sold the fief in 1527 to Philip of Bernheim, the Reformer of Gruppenbach. In 1551 Anton Fugger, a nephew of Jakob the Rich, acquired the castle grounds. His son Hans Fugger had the castle remodeled into a Renaissance château in 1576 by the architect Wendel Dietrich.
- In 1594 the castle burnt down, but was rebuilt by Dietrich. In the 18th century, Fugger attempted to establish a Capuchin hospice, but the buildings were destroyed in 1735.
- In 1901, the castle was bought by the Cologne lawyer Dr. Walter Putsch, who renovated the building in a contemporary style. In 1918, the von Haldenwang family bought the property. In 1924, Siegfried Levy, from Kornwestheim, who with his family owned the company Salamander Shoes, acquired the facility in which he established a stud farm.
- The castle is now open to the public. Community concerts and theater events are held at the castle. The private owners rent out the rooms of the castle for events such as receptions, and there is a permanent beer garden in the castle grounds. The grounds are used for a variety of agriculture, including vineyards, and a stud farm.
- Every year since 2005, the castle has hosted a medieval festival with jousting tournaments, jugglers, music and artisans. Since 2007 the festival has been held on May 1 and the subsequent weekend, and now has hundreds of contributors and thousands of visitor.
- Set in a light wooden frame with a hanging bracket on the back ready to be displayed on your wall.
- Circa mid 20th century.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition.
- With general wear, scuffs, stains, scratches commensurate with usage & age.
- International worldwide shipping is available.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support. Please send a message thank you.
- Browse our other exciting Fine Arts and antiques & collectibles available in our shop gallery.
Dimensions in centimetres