Victorian Watercolor Liverpool Paddle Ferry Ships Jersey Magaña
This fine Victorian 19th century watercolor showcases iconic paddle ferry ships on the Jersey River. Signed by seascape artist James Magaña, this piece captures a timeless moment in Liverpool’s maritime history. Embark on a daring journey. Its unique design takes you back in time, letting you explore the golden age of Liverpool's maritime history. Let your imagination run wild as you set sail on this captivating adventure. Own a true classic and relive the waterfront life of yesteryear.
- Indistinctly signed by the English local Liverpool artist J Magaña.
- Subject historical marine view of Liverpool docks shoreline on the Jersey.
- You can see the famous Church of Our Lady & Saint Nicholas of Liverpool along with paddle steam ferry ships with passengers, tall ships in the background.
- The site is said to have been a place of worship since 1257.
- The church is situated close to the river Jersey near the Pier Head.
- Having beautifully controlled fine brush work.
- Watercolor on paper backed with board, with a glass cover.
- Set in a later gilt frame.
- Old gallery label verso Boy dell Galleries.
- We only select & sell fine paintings based on their quality & significance.
- A superb nautical collectors item.
- Weight unwrapped around 3 kg.
- With hanging wire thread on the back ready for immediate home display.
- Circa mid 19th century 1860s.
- Provenance from of a private museum art collection.
- Condition report offered in fine charming used condition.
- Having noticeable minor foxing, areas of stains to the painting surface & edges, minor loss of paint in places.
- With various scuffs, scratches, wear & some chips, cracking to the frame in areas commensurate with usage & age.
- International worldwide shipping is available please ask for a quote.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thank you.
- Browse our other exciting Fine Art, antiques & collectibles available in our gallery.
Dimensions in centimeters of frame
Length depth thickness of frame (1.7cm)