British Oil Painting Victorian Equine Bay Hunter Horse With Groom At French Fair
This 1 breathtaking British Oil Painting Victorian Equine Bay Hunter Horse With Groom At French Fair captures a moment of regal majesty in a timeless work of art. Carefully hand painted in oil, this carefully crafted piece features exquisite detail and lifelike realism, guaranteed to bring elegance and prestige to any home.
- Title "Horse With Groom.
- Subject beautiful portrait of a thoroughbred brown bay hunter thoroughbred horse with saddle on outside in open countryside ide profile facing left, the groom is wearing a smart tradtional black hat & overcoat with grey trousers, on of his hands is partially resting casually in his trouser pocket, with his other hand gripping the reigns to the horse, he is looking directly at the horse head, in the background to the right is a grand stand horse fair with tents and French flags flying.
- This is a breathtaking work of art, see and admire the horse muscle detail, textures to the saddle and reigns and the creases to the grooms overcoat which feels like you can almost touch and feel the fabric textures & be transported back in time to this horse fair in 1863.
- Oil on canvas.
- Set in a later traditional wood frame.
- Circa mid 19th century Victorian era dated 1863.
- Indistinctly signed by the British School artist bottom corner.
- Provenance label verso.
- A nice size with the frame being 60.5 cm width and 49 cm high.
- Such a delightful scene to the eye.
- Highly sought after due to the collectible animal nature of subject matter such elaborate detail.
- With hanging thread on the back ready for immediate home wall display.
- Incredible conversation piece for your guests.
- We only select & sell paintings based upon subject, quality & significance.
- We provide our clients with friendly professional customer service.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition.
- Condition report overall in good overall condition. There is various craquelure & foxing stains on the painting surface, with touch ups in places to the sky and lower horse areas. The canvas has been relined. The frame has general wear, scuffs, stains minor losses commensurate with usage & age.
- International buyers worldwide shipping is available please ask for a quote.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Checkout our exciting other Fine Art, antiques & collectibles available in our shop gallery, happy shopping.
Dimensions in centimetres of the frame approximate
High (49 cm)
Wide (60.5 cm)
Depth thickness of frame (3.5 cm)