German Naturalism Marine Seascape Oil Painting By Carl Kenzler 1872-1947
Bring a glimpse of the serene German coastline into your home with this 1 beautiful oil painting by Carl Kenzler! Perfect for lovers of nature, this charming piece of art is sure to make waves among your guests. So put your maritime mania to the test and add this classic-meets-contemporary work of art to your home today!
- Subject German marine seascape view of relative calm seas with waves that extends out until the horizon, near sunset with mainly overcast sky with blue shining through to the top left side.
- Such an interesting and calming scene to look at and enjoy.
- Oil on board.
- Signed lower left corner by the known German artist Carl Kenzler and inscribed Berlin.
- An exceptional fine example of his work.
- So collectible and sought after work of art.
- Set in a traditional stylish gilt frame.
- Circa early 20h century 1930's.
- Provenance label verso.
- Title "Seascape"
- Artist biography.
- By Carl Kenzler
- Provenance bought out of Germany in 1938 by the vendors late parents thence by family descent. Carl Kenzler was a German painter who was born in 1872. Carl Kenzler's work has been offered at auction many times, with sold prices ranging up to 10,200 USD. Since 2000 the record price for this artist at auction is 10,200 USD for Crashing Waves sold at Sotherby's New York in 2005. The artist died in 1947. He was a German landscape painter, active around 1930, in Postsdam. The artist preferred sea and winter landscapes whose naturalism is enhanced by a subtle lighting effect.
- Such a delightful scene to the eye.
- Highly sought after due to the collectible Maritime nautical nature of subject matter such elaborate detail.
- With hanging hook on the back ready for immediate home wall display.
- Incredible conversation piece for your guests.
- We only select & sell paintings based upon subject, quality & significance. We understand your purchase is for your home or as an investment.
- We provide our clients with friendly professional customer service.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition.
- Front painting surface in good overall order. Having various foxing stain, scuffs, minor paint loss in places. Set in later gilt frame with general wear, scuffs, chips commensurate with usage & age.
- International buyers worldwide shipping is available please ask for a quote.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Checkout our exciting other available Fine Art, antiques & collectibles available in our shop gallery.
Dimensions in centimetres of the frame approximate
Depth thickness of frame (2.5cm)artwork