Large Painting North American Bald Eagles Gathering Fishing By Justin Prigmore
Take a daring adventure with this magnificent Large Realism Painting North American Bald Eagles Gathering Fishing By Justin Prigmore! Soar with its vibrant colors and exquisite details, and feel the power of its majestic creatures. Embark on a journey and discover one-of-a-kind artistry!
- Subject ornithology study of 4 Bald Eagle birds fishing near the bank shore signed by the known British artist Justin Prigmore.
- Title "Bald Eagle Gathering"
- 1 eagle is perched on a rock looking down towards the water he has already caught a fish and has stripped its flesh off leaving just the skeleton and tail.bTo his left are 2 other eagles who are both patrolling the shoreline with eagerness, on the other flank to the far left is a 4th eagle who has just landed in the river with is legs claws submerged and his wings outstretched. With views of many stone boulders of various sizes in the distance background, in the foreground the rivet water ripples calmly, having such beautiful perspective.
- Acyrlic on board.
- Circa early 21st century.
- An impressive size with the frame being 91.5 cm high and 52 cm wide.
- Fine work of art a well painted example which is so collectible & sought after.
- Provenance artist label verso & other label.
- Title “Bald eagles gathering” by Justin Prigmore.
Award winning artist Justin Prigmore has a Masters Degree in Ecology and until recently, as well as being a painter, worked part-time for the Cairngorms National Park Authority mainly on capercaillie conservation. Born in 1974 in Wales, Justin currently lives in Dulnain Bridge with his wife Carina and two young daughters Hannah and Ella. Justin has been drawing and painting for as long as he can remember, but it was while living in Colorado in his early twenties, that he re-discovered his love of wildlife. The wonderful galleries in the Rockies had a profound effect on him and he has focused his attention on this genre of painting ever since.
- Travel has been an essential element of his work. He and Carina have travelled throughout North America, including Western Canada and Alaska. They lived for a year in Northern Sweden. In 2006 they visited Africa for the first time, taking them to see the phenomenal wildlife spectacles of Kenya and Tanzania. They have also spent time in Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks, where they have joined wolf researcher’s radio-tracking wild wolves in Yellowstone’s northern range. Justin is exhibiting his work internationally in prestigious juried shows and galleries. In the United States, he has shown at the Bennington Center for the Arts, Vermont, who have purchased three of his pieces for their permanent collection and with the Society of Animal Artists, who have elected him as a signature member. His painting “The Standoff” has been purchased for the permanent collection of the Wildlife Experience Museum in Denver, Colorado.
- Justin has also shown his work at Trailside Galleries, the premier Western and Wildlife gallery in the US. He has also been juried into the “Wild in de Natuur” show in Holland and into the annual exhibition of the Society of Wildlife Artists in the Mall Galleries, London. Justin exhibited many times at the National Exhibition of Wildlife Art in the Wirral, where he was commended in 2004 and in 2010 he won the “Best British Wildlife” award at the show. He has also been the winner of “Birdwatch Artist of the Year” and “Wildscape, Artist of the Year, Editor’s Selection”.
- The majority of Justin’s recent work has been focused on the wonderful wildlife that he encounters at home in the Cairngorms. This work is usually shown either at few Game Fairs annually or through the House of Braur Gallery. As deer have made up a large part of this work, he has recently taken up stalking as a way of getting closer to his subjects in their natural setting. Black grouse and capercaillie in particular have also figured strongly and countless hours have been spent in a hide studying their lekking behaviour.
Justin has recently started working with the world renowned Rountree Tryon Galleries in London and Petworth and he will show his African paintings at their annual “Africa” show this winter.
- The bald eagle (Haliaeetus leucocephalus) is a bird of prey found in North America. A sea eagle, it has two known subspecies and forms a species pair with the white-tailed eagle (Haliaeetus albicilla), which occupies the same niche as the bald eagle in the Palearctic. Its range includes most of Canada and Alaska, all of the contiguous United States, and northern Mexico. It is found near large bodies of open water with an abundant food supply and old-growth trees for nesting.
- The bald eagle is an opportunistic feeder which subsists mainly on fish, which it swoops down upon and snatches from the water with its talons. It builds the largest nest of any North American bird and the largest tree nests ever recorded for any animal species, up to 4 m (13 ft) deep, 2.5 m (8.2 ft) wide, and 1 metric ton (1.1 short tons) in weight. Maturity is attained at the age of four to five years.
- Bald eagles are not actually bald; the name derives from an older meaning of the word, "white headed". The adult is mainly brown with a white head and tail. The sexes are identical in plumage, but females are about 25 percent larger than males. The yellow beak is large and hooked. The plumage of the immature is brown.
- The bald eagle is the national bird of the United States of America and appears on its seal.
- Such a delightful ornithology bird lover collectors scene.
- Set in a decorative attractive gilt frame.
- We only select & sell paintings based upon subject, quality & significance.
- We provide friendly professional exceptional customer service.
- With hanging thread on the back ready for immediate home display.
- Condition report.The painting front surface is in very good overall order, only having some minor foxing stains in places. The frame has general wear, minor chips, scuffs & scratches. The protective glass front cover has some stains & scratches.
- International worldwide shipping is available please ask for a quote.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Browse our exciting other available Fine Art, antiques |& collectibles in our gallery.
Dimensions in centimetres of frame approximate
High (52 cm)
Length depth thickness (2.5 cm)
Wide (91.5 cm)