Carved Peregrine Falcon With Various Leather Hoods Sculpture
1 Meticulously crafted Peregrine Falcon with various leather hoods sculpture is expertly carved from hardwood with amazing attention to detail. The beak and wings are accurately proportioned and the leather hoods are designed to bring a sense of realism to this stunning piece. It is sure to be a centerpiece of any collection.
Beautiful Vintage Mid Century Collectible Animal Life Size Carved Bird Peregrine Falcon With Hoods Sporting Hunting Sculpture.
- Subject in the model form of a Peregrine Falcon, modelled perched on a naturalistic base.
- Visual beauty such fine craftsmanship which is so realistic.
- A good size being 42 cm high and 19cm wide.
- A feature that stands our are the array of 9 leather training calming face head hood masks for the bird that come with this incredible piece. Also with 2 small hood display stands and on one of the little hood stands there is a signature on by a Dutch sculpture and dated 62 for 1962.
- Very finely modelled handmade from wood and a stained finish.
- The peregrine falcon (Falco peregrinus), also known as the peregrine and historically as the duck hawk in North America, is a cosmopolitan bird of prey (raptor) in the family Falconidae. A large, crow-sized falcon, it has a blue-grey back, barred white underparts, and a black head. The peregrine is renowned for its speed, reaching over 320 km/h (200 mph) during its characteristic hunting stoop (high-speed dive), making it the fastest bird in the world, as well as the fastest member of the animal kingdom. According to a National Geographic TV program, the highest measured speed of a peregrine falcon is 389 km/h (242 mph) As is typical for bird-eating raptors, peregrine falcons are sexually dimorphic, with females being considerably larger than males
- Although its diet consists almost exclusively of medium-sized birds, the peregrine will sometimes hunt small mammals, small reptiles, or even insects. Reaching sexual maturity at one year, it mates for life and nests in a scrape, normally on cliff edges or, in recent times, on tall human-made structures
- The peregrine falcon is a well-respected falconry bird due to its strong hunting ability, high trainability, versatility, and availability via captive breeding. It is effective on most game bird species, from small to large. It has also been used as a religious, royal, or national symbol across multiple eras and areas of human civilization
- Made from wood.
- Origin from Netherlands.
- An ideal collectors present.
- Circa mid 20th century 1960's.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used patina condition.
- Having some noticeable wear, stains, patina age marks commensurate with usage & age also there is damage splitting to one of the falcons legs though it still stands fine, you could repair the split with matching colour wood filler. Some of the hats have losses & age staining to leather.
- We offer our clients exceptional professional customer service.
- We only sell decorative artworks based upon subject, quality & significance.
- International worldwide shipping is available please ask for a quote.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Browse our other exciting intriguing Fine Art, antiques & collectibles available in our shop gallery, happy shopping.
Dimensions in centimetres
High (42 cm)
Depth of base (15 cm)
Width (19 cm)